Piston crown level?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
bryansmudge

After removing the exhaust to sort a different snag, I noticed that the top of the piston at BDC is still a touch proud of the exhaust port...by approx 1mm. The scoot has been running fine with the exception of a loose exhaust, when I built the engine I'm sure the piston was level with the port, but it was around 8 years ago...so memory not what it used to be. Obviously the exhaust port is being reduced because of this, so I have packers coming to sort that out. I'm using a 1-1.5mm head gasket to get the squish - I'm assuming just reduce the head gasket to suit? What about timing, will I need to reset that?
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

How was the piston in relation to the transfers, what cylinder is it (Standard cast, TS1, Imola etc etc), what crank (stroke/ conrod length) as I suspect all this could have a bearing on any advice given.
bryansmudge

Standard sized crank and rod, TS1 in standard form, Indian casings.
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

leave as is
C’est la vie
bryansmudge

Removed the cylinder head and one of the studs winds out, no probs me thinks. Stud winds out, but sticks, pull the cylinder off and low and behold there's a poxy thread repair been carried out at some point, which has now decided to let go. Where or who does timeserts? I have the capability to carry out the repair... Except welding.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information