30 mm Delorto and what type air filter ?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Strummer10
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Special 225

Thought I would float this on this forum as it's an issue on my bike and a mate's Mugello 186 I'm sorting out. Does anyone know the best place to an inlet manifold, rubber and air filter (breathe easy) that 'properly allows' the filter to go on the bike and sit clear of the side panel so it doesn't get crushed and works adequately. It seems the scooter parts market has not quite dealt with this issue as yet as unfortunately whatever is on sale does not sufficiently provide the clearance, causing the filter to buckle and flatten .....any ideas ??

I am contemplating machining down the inlet manifold to shave off 10mm's somehow which might do it..... :(
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

Get a thinner carb like a Keihin PWK or Mikuni. Having said that the manifolds do vary greatly in how far the carb sits out. I found the downdraft muggelo one and the MBD one were pretty good.
DaveTomo
Main scooter: SX 200

I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.
Strummer10

Cheers minority, might be worth a call on the Mikuni.......another mate had also said the Mikuni carbs run better than Dellorto in terms of no 'bogginess and better pick up' on a lammy. I suspect the industry have resisted producing a manifold that draws the carb too close to the cylinder in fear that the carb might then hit the head cowling or something else. If it's like anything else you now buy for a lammy, I suspect I will need to Dremel / machine down the inlet manifold to suit my set up......
Strummer10

Cheers Dave, its actually this one from Rimini my mate is having the trouble with. Because it turns a holds the carb at 90 degrees (rather than the usual tilted manifold) it pushes it closer to the panel.
Strummer10

The write up at RLC says it can be used with a 'Breathe easy' filter, but we are finding the filter gets flattened against the panel, unless they use a different filter and rubber mount onto the carb, I will check this out on the site, maybe that would work if we use what they have !
DaveTomo
Main scooter: SX 200

Only going off the write up, this was my planned next purchase.Be interested in any feedback on how you get on
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.
Strummer10

Dave, it might work....just wondering if maybe we can cut the rubber mount down or machine down the RLC inlet OR even find a filter that sits back inside panel more
ArKaTxU
Dealer
Main scooter: TV175 64-Jet200 68-Jet200 82

There are two types of this Rimini manifold.
See this picture from Jockeys Boxenstop Facebook.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

The rubber mount is always going to stick out a bit further than the solid mount
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information