Lambretta Handling issues

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
double h
Main scooter: SIL GP 200

Ok guys go easy on me as my last scooter was a Vespa with Bitubo shocks for comparison in the late 90's and have and still ride bikes. My Scooter is an SIL GP . The front wheel does not feel planted at all(I don't know if this is normal because I have never ridden another Lammy) and last week going up to Kelso with a mate following me I would go into a weave or wobble every now and then as if the bike wanted to chuck me off. My mate said it looked like something was slack when he seen it. The head gasket blew out and that was the end of the trip. Anyhow I have new scomadi forks fitted and went for a cheap ebay rebuild kit. The tyres are new s1''s and the back wheel follows the front going by water trails. I suspect the silent blocks and maybe s**t ebay stuff are to blame but there is a great deal of knowledge on here so hope you guys can help me out :)
lambro

Could be something simple like a nut loose behind the handlebars :lol:
Juan

I'd say a large part of your issues are down to the tyre's, S1's have never been good in the wet. They were okay in the dry when made in Europe, maybe more to do with a more restricted choice back then, but the Asian made items aren't even good then. Could well be other issues but I'd be looking at your hoops first off.
double h

lambro wrote:Could be something simple like a nut loose behind the handlebars :lol:
Na,I am not some c##t who could not hammer a nail into a tattie, I am actually a mechanically minded hands on guy asking advise on something I do not know much about. ;)
joey

fork bearings worn,too loose,too tight,bent frame binding forks in frame,bent forks...? scomodi forks?
double h

Juan wrote:I'd say a large part of your issues are down to the tyre's, S1's have never been good in the wet. They were okay in the dry when made in Europe, maybe more to do with a more restricted choice back then, but the Asian made items aren't even good then. Could well be other issues but I'd be looking at your hoops first off.
Hi Run S1's for years on my German inspired street racer Vespa without any problems so its not the hoops. ;)
double h

joey wrote:fork bearings worn,too loose,too tight,bent frame binding forks in frame,bent forks...? scomodi forks?
Fork bearings fine,front and rear wheel follow each other through water marks and my new scomadi forks are spot on.
lambro

double h wrote:
lambro wrote:Could be something simple like a nut loose behind the handlebars :lol:
Na,I am not some c##t who could not hammer a nail into a tattie, I am actually a mechanically minded hands on guy asking advise on something I do not know much about. ;)
Glad to hear it, but sounds like you are counting everything obvious out through checking them.
As Juan said, I also hate S1's, have no sense of control/confidence on them in recent years.
I even favour S83's over them.

Keep us informed on your findings though.

Shaun.
double h

lambro wrote:
double h wrote:
Glad to hear it, but sounds like you are counting everything obvious out through checking them.
As Juan said, I also hate S1's, have no sense of control/confidence on them in recent years.
I even favour S83's over them.

Keep us informed on your findings though.

Shaun.
All I am trying to do is find out why my Indian bag of shite is handling so bad.I have run S1 for a long time so rule them out. In fact f@@k it,i think I will break it.Anyone want to give me 2.3k for this indian bag of shite get in touch. New scomadi forks fitted,new rear hub cone ect and new s1ns.Breaking the lot,should have bought a new vespa. :oops:
double h

:oops: Looking back at this post I don't want to offend anyone and I am sorry if I have. I should have bought an s2 Eibar project to fix and fettle and get right rather than buying a s**t Indian gp that was otr and localAnyway,s**t Gp For sale. :mrgreen:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information