Lambretta Handling issues

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
onthelam
Main scooter: not yet

Have you had anyone else ride it to confirm your thoughts?
LI150
Main scooter: Series 2 LI150

imo don't sell. Many of us have got pissed of and sold only for someone else to buy and have running perfect. What I do now is put it away cover it up till I stop hating it. This can take a few weeks/months. Then I will go back to it and start again. :D
Chris in Margate
Main scooter: Lambretta 1964 225 Special

Sounds like To ureters Syndrome to me !
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Chris in Margate wrote:Sounds like To ureters Syndrome to me !
When did this turn into a urology forum?

You're taking the p!$$
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

As said above get someone else to ride it , is the tyre pressure correct? Not all Indian Scoots are shite in fact far from it. A
So try not to buy cheap parts, you'll get what you pay. Let us know how you get on?
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

If there's something wrong and you can't diagnose it using logic, then just take it to bits and put it back together as well as you can using the best parts you can afford.

ANYTHING can be fixed.

If you just want a good bike, buy a Honda. :D
Lam-d
Main scooter: 71 Gp200e

I made the mistake on one of me bikes of buying and fitting a fork rebulild kit from ebay cost about 30bob so you can imagine the quality of it , after a couple of hundred miles it was all over the road so i stripped the forks down again and checked the components ..i could compress the springs with me hands the rods were like tinfoil and the bearings were as round as a lemon lol should have checked it thoroughly before i fitted it ...think it may have indirectly lead to me having to replace my mounts aswell ....
Juan

double h wrote:.I have run S1 for a long time so rule them out.
Yes, but I'm presuming that was back in the 90's when they were okay. They're now of a waxy compound and really quite nasty. I'm not saying that's your only problem, as said get someone else to ride it and gauge their feelings, but don't discount the tyres altogether.
purple_pill67
Main scooter: Jet200

Loose rear shocker? Tyres inflated correctly?
bazman
Playstation gamer tag: bazman70

Juan wrote:
double h wrote:.I have run S1 for a long time so rule them out.
Yes, but I'm presuming that was back in the 90's when they were okay. They're now of a waxy compound and really quite nasty. I'm not saying that's your only problem, as said get someone else to ride it and gauge their feelings, but don't discount the tyres altogether.
Yes agree with Juan mate, the new s1 tyres are not good at all, back in the 90's I would be hairing around on them and scraping my selector box.
Now wouldn't fit them to a wheel barrow!!!
Easy things first , get a set of new tyres and try them before you discount them ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information