Sito Ancillotti plating

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

I've done about 50 miles on a completely rebuilt engine.

It's a gt186 with 25mm phbl and varitronic.

the plating is just flaking off the downpipes; is this a sign of excessively hot exhaust gasses or just crap plating?

Grumpy225
Main scooter: Gori200, rt195, ld150,rb20

The exhaust header pipe gets pretty hot. It looks like yours was just galvanized or zinc platted which is not good for high temp areas.

Ceramic coat it and forget about it.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Are you sure that's a Sito Ancillotti? The Sito Ancillotti has a stainless bend and doesn't have hooks.
Yanker

No doubt: That's a hot spot so it is! Is the pink visible obstruction in pic nr.1 in anyway implicated in creating it?
hendy

Doom Patrol wrote:Are you sure that's a Sito Ancillotti? The Sito Ancillotti has a stainless bend and doesn't have hooks.
I'm sure that's what I ordered and paid for! I have to admit to being a bit pissed off at a £200 clubman flaking after a few miles, but I've got used to lambretta parts being sh1t
Yanker

hendy wrote: I'm sure that's what I ordered and paid for! I have to admit to being a bit pissed off at a £200 clubman flaking after a few miles, but I've got used to lambretta parts being sh1t
It should state it's provenance on the exhaust iitself (not on the invoice) s**t h**d.+ yout RHS stand foot is /. And in pic nr.2 your 'splash plate' needs some Viagr!. Am i not wrong?

YOUR problem is symptomatic. however I have a 'cure': Drink a lot of water before embarking on a journey, have lots of stops and p155 on the fecking hot bits every 20 minutes: it will make the duration between exhaust re-paints seem Muuuuuch longer than normal.....
hendy

Yanker wrote:
hendy wrote: I'm sure that's what I ordered and paid for! I have to admit to being a bit pissed off at a £200 clubman flaking after a few miles, but I've got used to lambretta parts being sh1t
It should state it's provenance on the exhaust iitself (not on the invoice) s**t h**d.+ yout RHS stand foot is /. And in pic nr.2 your 'splash plate' needs some Viagr!. Am i not wrong?

YOUR problem is symptomatic. however I have a 'cure': Drink a lot of water before embarking on a journey, have lots of stops and p155 on the fecking hot bits every 20 minutes: it will make the duration between exhaust re-paints seem Muuuuuch longer than normal.....
Had you been drinking when you wrote this? ;)

I genuinely have no idea what you're trying to say.

Have another go please :D
hendy

Yanker wrote: It should state it's provenance on the exhaust iitself (not on the invoice) s**t h**d.+ yout RHS stand foot is /. And in pic nr.2 your 'splash plate' needs some Viagr!. Am i not wrong?
it is a sito. maybe it's an older version, newer version or fake? or you're wrong?

onthelam
Main scooter: not yet

I think this bound to happen no matter what you do.

If it was stainless it would have gone brown in places. Ok it would look cooler but still not all shiny. Whip the thing off, give it a good wire brushing and give it a spray with some Halfords exhaust paint. If Halfords still exists and hasn't turned into a purveyor of bicycles and plastic garden tools.

The worst bits have already fallen off so the second time around you stand a chance of it looking OK.

PS Ancillotti exhausts should be Orange, especially if you live in Belfast! :lol:
hendy

In case anyone cares........

It was zinc plated but is actually stainless steel.

I have no idea why anyone would do that but they did.

Zinc removed with a wire cup brush.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information