Spanish Li150 Gearbox

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
LI225Canada
Main scooter: Serveta LI150 Special

As a side point. The Spanish LI GB was paired with the very heavy Motoplat flywheel. I have a lightened AF flywheel but have thought that the inertia of a mid-weight or standard weight flywheel would help address the loss of RMP as you shift from 3rd to 4th.
Have not tried it out however.
LI225Canada
Main scooter: Serveta LI150 Special

LI225Canada wrote:I am running a Spanish LI150 GB in my machine. Originally a Serveta LI150, had the spigot opened up to accommodate a Rapido 225 classic.
Running with a 28mm Delly and an Ancillotti exhaust. Had to change out the front sprocket to bring it to a 4.9 ratio as it would rev and shake-the-poop-out-a-yah. (maybe its the LI silent blocks???)
My original intent was to use the MRB Big Box as well but every time they are available I have no funding available, strange how that works.

I submitted a similar question to yours in Scootering mag and Sticky himself replied. June 2012 Issue.
You can read it here if you like: http://servetalambrettarebuild.blogspot ... -jump.html

I do notice the jump btwx 3 & 4th when I'm in town but its not like it is un-ridable. You just 'manage' it differently.
A reed kit coupled with the MRB should be no real issue me thinkith.

Maybe I take this back. Spent the whole weekend riding around. The whole 3rd-to-4th thing is starting to be a pain in the ass.
onthelam
Main scooter: not yet

Where abouts in BC? Yes i know it's a big place!
Eibar
Main scooter: Eibar TS1 1966

I have a 66 li spanish box in shed and its exactly the same ratios as its italian counterpart
potato
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information