Electrickery.........

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

Sorry- when it comes to the black art of electrics I'm as thick as they come. :shock:

At present I have a TV175S3 with 12v electronic fitted. Runs well with great lights etc.

My question is, if I want to fit and charge whilst running, a 12v battery, is it just a question of changing the existing 3 pin regulator to a 4/5 point one and take a lead from one of the pins to the battery?

If so, what regulator do I need, and which pin do I use?

Many thanks Gents.

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
coaster

You need a PX 5 pin regulator and take a wire from the terminal marked (I think) B+ to the battery. Put a fuse in either the positive or negative feeds to the battery rated at slightly more that the total amps to be drawn from it at any time, probably 5amps or so should do it, less if it's only for a phone charger.
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

Cheers Coaster- thanks for the info.
Scootering since 1968.
Chris in Margate
Main scooter: Lambretta 1964 225 Special

Some Lambretta 5 pin regulator require a strap between output and one of the additional pins.
Cheaper way is the little half wave rectifier gizmo from ScootRS; just tap across the output and the the other side to battery.

OR The Modcharger.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information