Avanti Jetting

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
celt

Is anybody using a BGM clubman on an Avanti kit, with a 30mm bhph? If so what jetting are you using
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

Not got a BGM but I reckon: 70 choke, 55 pilot, av266, x7 needle, 125 main won't be far off.
Angry Bloke

Hi - I'm running the same spec as you - Avanti 225 - 30PHBH ( No Filter ) - BGM Clubman and it took quite a bit a fettling but this is what I ended up with

Mixture - Out 2 1/4 turns
Pilot - 57
Atom - AV 266
Needle - X7 2.5 clip from top
Slide - 50
Main - 122

Hope this helps
Je fettle - Tu fettle - Il fettle - Nous fettleons - Vous fettlez - Ils fettlent

"Broadsword calling Danny boy ,Broadsword calling Danny boy ,over "
celt

mick1 wrote:Not got a BGM but I reckon: 70 choke, 55 pilot, av266, x7 needle, 125 main won't be far off.
Thanks Mick1, I'm using that set up only with a 122 main jet. Tried circlip on needle at top position tonight. Better pulling off from stationary but boggy mid range. Mixture initially set to 2 turns out, now at 1.5 turns out. 40 slide
Angry Bloke wrote:Hi - I'm running the same spec as you - Avanti 225 - 30PHBH ( No Filter ) - BGM Clubman and it took quite a bit a fettling but this is what I ended up with

Mixture - Out 2 1/4 turns
Pilot - 57
Atom - AV 266
Needle - X7 2.5 clip from top
Slide - 50
Main - 122

Hope this helps
Thanks Ian, notice that your using a different slide and pilot jet. Did you use your settings from the beginning or did you change to this? Ron Moss has advised my set up as a starting point
Angry Bloke

As you can see below I started with Rons suggestion ( always helpful ) and went from there , numerous plug check rides later I've ended up fairly happy ( probably a touch on the rich side TBH ) :D

Je fettle - Tu fettle - Il fettle - Nous fettleons - Vous fettlez - Ils fettlent

celt

Angry Bloke wrote:As you can see below I started with Rons suggestion ( always helpful ) and went from there , numerous plug check rides later I've ended up fairly happy ( probably a touch on the rich side TBH ) :D

Thanks again

What is your timing set?

Are the other guys listed on the sheet using same set up e.g Avanti and BGM Clubman?

I guess I need to buy a weaker slide and increase pilot to match yours. Had the kit for a long time as you are aware only recently had it built. I'm still in the process of running it in, only ran for 20 miles so far. Started off with what Ron Moss suggested, wouldn't pull off without 4 stoking. Moved the circlip to the top and weakened the mixture screw by half a turn. It now pulls off better but mid range still very boggy. Obviously haven't opened it up further so far due to running in.

I had to have a lot more machining of the barrel than yourself to get the exhaust to fit :?
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

If you're feeling brave you could weaken your 40 by filing it on the front edge.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
monkey boy

So did you end up on the final setting?
How do you find the 50 slide?
Angry Bloke

Rich - timing set at 17deg and no ,the others listed are mates or details found on this and the LCGB forum - I don't think any are using a BGM Clubman .

Sorry about the fettling :?

Mine was also as boggy as hell during running in but thought it was best to leave it until I could hold it at constant revs for some plug chops - a slow process but worth it :D

MB - I've now done 1500 miles with current set up so the 50 slide seems right :)

coaster

I'm the Colin on the list above and mine is using a JL3 and a breath sweet filter. I rode with Angry Bloke on the LCGB trip to Davos last year and can confirm that his scoot ran very well indeed and needed roughly 30% less fuel at each fuel stop than mine or the other Avanti in the group. I've since replaced the JL3 with a Franspeed Avanti Supertourer and it seems to have improved consumption a bit but I haven't had a chance to check it on a long run.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information