Starts but won't go

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
onthelam
Main scooter: not yet

coaster wrote:Tried another new plug in it and the problem went away completely, now runs as smooth as silk. Worth trying before pulling anything apart.
This and bung some carburetor or fuel system cleaner in the tank.

It has taken a while :oops: but do all the easy cheap stuff first without getting all scientific and looking too deeply. Like putting new bearings in a transmission then learning it is the wheel bearings, as an example.

Other things I have found? Wasp's nest in the exhaust (blocked exhaust) and ant's nest in a flywheel. Not forgetting rats are good and chewing insulation on wires.
amc

Quick update - you'll like this. Cleaned carb again, no better. Cleaned all connectors, no better. Went to try a new plug and the plug cap was just perched on top of the plug. Pushed on fully and guess what. It works perfectly. I'm an idiot. Alex
coaster

amc wrote:Quick update - you'll like this. Cleaned carb again, no better. Cleaned all connectors, no better. Went to try a new plug and the plug cap was just perched on top of the plug. Pushed on fully and guess what. It works perfectly. I'm an idiot. Alex
We've all done similar :oops: glad you got it sorted 8-)
Arborman
Main scooter: RB22

I would say you need to move it on............ only kidding it's a Lambretta FFS you say 8 months ago !!! I only rode mine today after riding yesterday and it's like that!!!!!! Ghastly things those bloody Lambretta's :roll:
sunrisemac
Main scooter: Lambretta GP150

amc wrote:Quick update - you'll like this. Cleaned carb again, no better. Cleaned all connectors, no better. Went to try a new plug and the plug cap was just perched on top of the plug. Pushed on fully and guess what. It works perfectly. I'm an idiot. Alex
The chap who never makes a mistake never does anything ;) glad it's sorted
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information