Hydraulic clutch to hard

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
hungdog

A club member of ours has just had one fitted using a speedfighter master, but the lever is hard work to pull in and the whole reason he had it done was to make it easier. Any one know how to or if you can alter the lever/system so it will operate easier( hopefully with a 1 finger pulling operation ) :?:
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

9 times out of 10 a stiff Lambretta clutch is the cable - routing or crap inner/outer the former being the favourite in my book.

Hydraulic one being stiff mismatched master/slave? clutch arm angle? clutch springs? clutch itself?
Did you have to do that?
Adyonekenobi
Main scooter: Li150 Special, now TS1 225cc

A friend of mine has just bought a Ducati Hyperstrada 821 cc with 110 bhp and it has the sweetest and lightest clutch I've ever used, and it's cable operated!

Ady
Spanner check the running gear before every outing, like in the Army. You know it makes sense!
onthelam
Main scooter: not yet

OT My Suzuki pickup has a cable clutch and it is not heavy!
^ My neighbor has one of those i will have to look closer.

:?: Are all the operating levers on the crankcase the same? Italian/Spanish/Indian?
shocky

Indian ones are supposed to be longer ive never compaired them tbh just what darrel taylor said
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
T5-190

I had the same problem when I fitted a SIP hydraulic clutch to my T5 years ago. I used a Ital Dragster slave cylinder and it didn't push enough fluid as the piston in it was very small. Swapped it for one off a Honda in the end. It's now a one finger pull
hungdog

[quote="T5-190"]I had the same problem when I fitted a SIP hydraulic clutch to my T5 years ago. I used a Ital Dragster slave cylinder and it didn't push enough fluid as the piston in it was very small. Swapped it for one off a Honda in the end. It's now a one finger pull[/quote]
Yep that was my first thought larger piston required in master. Will have to try a different master. :?
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

I have the speedfight 100 master cylinder on an inboard disc set up. Works very well and has done for 4 years now. The master cylinder is different to the Speedfight 50 though. Could he have the wrong one?
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

A larger piston will make it harder to pull.

The other thing to consider is the lever ratio.

What you actually care about is volume displaced to lever travel ratio.
shocky

I used an italjet dragster one on mine to a small piston with a solid rod on it that pulled the clutch arm in it was a nice action
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information