Motoplat/Serveta electronic spares.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
speedy
Main scooter: lambretta af s type ts1

joeswoonara wrote:i`m pretty sure i have one (cdi) in the garage you can have , whereabouts are you Speedy ? may have a crank too :D
Skegness and /or Burton-on-Trent. I can sort you out any costs incurred mi duck if you have, oh and a beer. :D
speedy

Thank you Adam,Carlos and Yanker. I must confess I have no idea why the Spanish never changed to the GP taper instead of the inferior LI taper. I wouldn't use one as a rule, but just wanted to use this electronic. Why couldn't other electronic stator manufacturers design one like theirs though, all sealed up and protected. The flywheel at 3.2kg is like an anvil hanging off the end, :lol: . I wonder if it would be at all possible for a decent engineer, to machine the centre boss away and properly fit, machine and weld a GP centre into the flywheel? It would be great if it could be done. :D I'm thinking along the lines of , if it could be done and the cost of the work was maybe a couple of hundred quid, then that would be no more than, say a new BGM or suchlike flywheel and with such a good stator :!:
joeswoonara
Main scooter: jet ts1

ill see what ive got tomorrow for you mate
never squat down when wearing spurs !!
speedy

joeswoonara wrote:ill see what ive got tomorrow for you mate
Thankyou mi duck. :D
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Speedy, you're not wrong as the ignition and lights are excellent... so good that it is always tempting to try one in the hope that it will not result in taper failure, however, it has happened on 2 mate's different standard Jet 200s, including the complete factory build motor that was supplied new from Bedlams :(
B-Race Tuning
Main scooter: Lambro, GP.

I'm struggling to think of any reason you cannot change that to a GP flywheel boss. We've done it to every other conceivable flywheel, so why not?? I also cannot see why it couldn't be machined and balanced to lose some weight, especially if there's a knackered one available to machine down to find the limits of whats surplus and whats structural/ necessary/ required. Simon.
carlos fandango

Ive got a knackered one ,its cracked along the keyway.
My mate runs an NDT company and is going to Xray it to see where it can be lightened . ill post some pics when i have them :)
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
speedy

Thanks all again, it will be interesting to see what can be machined away and see if the boss could be successfully fitted. If so then a really great ignition system awaits I'm sure. :D
grimspeed
Main scooter: gp 283 kx

Lots of karts use motoplat ignitions ! Coils and cdi's can be found on ebay if you look for kart ignitions !
i have a horrible feeling.things are going to go bang
joeswoonara
Main scooter: jet ts1

pm sent
never squat down when wearing spurs !!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information