Motoplat/Serveta electronic spares.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
speedy
Main scooter: lambretta af s type ts1

speedy wrote:Thanks all again, it will be interesting to see what can be machined away and see if the boss could be successfully fitted. If so then a really great ignition system awaits I'm sure. :D
Any news on the x ray yet, or is it too soon. Really want to see if I can get one converted and working properly,cheers,Speedy.
speedy

lockman69 wrote:I wouldn't worry about the cdi, the crank will shear off long before the cdi packs up... Lol
OOOOPS! Popping along nicely on the a 68 towards kelso and I hears the most wonderful sound. One I've not heard before, but one I pretty much instantly knew. Yes my friend , the one of a Li crankshaft shearing away from the moitoplat three quarter of a ton flywheel. :oops: New gp crank and all the trimmings purchased yesterday, ouch, and ready for the rebuild. It did manage 1400 miles doing c2c and W S M before giving up just shy of Kelso bless. Gonna see if I can get the flywheel converted to Gp boss as I mentioned before that I'd like to try. :?:
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Never heard of that happening before! ;)
speedy

I think I have set a new challenge. Who can better 1500 miles without shearing the crank :lol:
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Speedy,

Good of you to come back on hear and give us this update though. It might just help someone else to avoid making the same mistake.

I totally understand why people would choose to risk it as you would logically think that, as a factory fitted assembly, it had sufficient testing and design checks to avoid such a failure. However, once again this same old failure has shown itself.

On the bright side (pun intended), the lights were brilliant, until it all went wrong!

Cheers,

Adam
speedy

Adam_Winstone wrote:Speedy,

Good of you to come back on hear and give us this update though. It might just help someone else to avoid making the same mistake.

I totally understand why people would choose to risk it as you would logically think that, as a factory fitted assembly, it had sufficient testing and design checks to avoid such a failure. However, once again this same old failure has shown itself.

On the bright side (pun intended), the lights were brilliant, until it all went wrong!

Cheers,

Adam
That could of been my one saving grace Adam, however, it broke before it got dark, the bugger :lol: :lol: :lol:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information