dave webster tribute topic

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
sean brady scooters
Dealer

I thought this may be a fitting thing to do on our forum for the late Mr Dave webster ,who was without doubt a hero to such a lot of us and prob one of the most well respected men in the scootering fraternity .
I,m going to make this thread a "sticky" so that hopefully everyone can contribute to it ..everything Dave webster related in fact ..your piccys etc etc .
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
eden
Dealer

The loss of a real legend and above all a decent bloke.
thoughts go out to his family and his many friends.

I last spoke to him at Donington 2009 when Tony made this video.

sean brady scooters
Dealer

nice start to this tribute thread eden ..thanks :)
speedy
Main scooter: lambretta af s type ts1

I first used the services of Dave and MSC at his and Norries first shop in Long Eaton in 1983. It wasn't until 1989 that I had my motor re-worked by him. He tuned a TS1 225 for me, Yamaha piston and all the trimmings. That was the fastest and most reliable motor I have ever owned. He knew his stuff and would offer proper advice even if you weren't buying off him. To see him race was amazing, a true competitor and champion. Back in the early nineties, I was stewarding at Pembrey Park for the NSSA,[ The sporting side of the NSRA]. Dave was competing in 3 or 4 groups that weekend. During practice on the first day, Ray kemp blew his group 6 bike beyond repair, which would of ended his weekend. Dave lent him his group 5 bike for the weekend, so he could compete in group 6, a true sportsman. Rest in peace Dave, you were a Legend and friend. God bless, Speedy.
sean brady scooters
Dealer

I only ever talked with him at race meetings in the late 80,s ...but he was a gentleman and although he was often busy in the pits he was polite enough to always talk and put up with my silly questions and quest for tuning knowelage ...which he was always willing to give to those interested ...top guy and such a sad loss .
dave wheeler

it was my great pleasure and privilage to be in the LLRT in the early 80`s and to watch him up close, i remember one occasion when going round charlies at cadwell as fast as i possibly could and Webbo rode round the outside of me on his special, the chaincase touching the track, like i was standing still! on top of this he was a really nice, interesting guy who was very encoraging and supportive, and as a tuner he was second to none, we all owe him so much, im glad hes finally at peace
T5-190

About 20 years ago I was working at John Player in Nottingham putting in machinery. I had the need to go into MSC on the way home one Friday to buy a Vespa toolbox lock, and while I was waiting to be served I took a look at Dave's race scooter that was on display in the show room. Dave saw that I had taken an interest in it so came over and chatted to me for over an hour. He was very warm and loved to talk about the good old days. And to think I only went in for a £5 lock. Will be sadly missed by all.
TED CRUD

I did get to talk to him at his shop, He was a gentleman, also a leader and a fine ambassador to the sport of scooter racing
We talked about his racing at length
The legend that is Dave Webster
Smash Ya Pastie
Washington Posse s.c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrBpNEjkuLY
Yanker

Perhaps sticking my neck out here, but the saddest loss to the (UK'+?) scootering community that has or for that matter will ever happen. Dave was a total gent, performer and supporter 24/7. Respect and R.I.P. (my measly encounter anecdotes do not serve here). :(
Strummer10
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Special 225

Read and used he's lambretta tuning manual in the late 70s and early 80s and had a few of he's groundbreaking tuned barrels. Despite the passage of time my DW stage 4 tuned steel barrel can still put a TS1 to the test off a standing start for some distance !!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information