Ducati CDI's [ Blue ones] on tuned motors

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
gaz_powell

The latest one I bought has nothing milled off the writing is very clear and the general quality of the unit is good - better than an indian mitsubi I have - the earth wire is thick and well mounted where it the leaves the resin casting.

Its on the bike so onwards and upwards

Just about the buy another for spare and put the other two as the spare spare !
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

I have a Ducati CDI that I bought from SR in a 12v electronic kit.The kit included a stator,flywheel,Ducati CDI and a Ducati regulator .It says on there website that the regulator and CDI are both Italian but it doesn't have "Made in Italy" on them,I'm now wandering if they are both made in India.
Pepot
Main scooter: servetta LI150 serieIII GT186

B-Race Tuning wrote:
Pepot wrote:I bought a Khepper CDI. It's a bit more expensive but very relyable. And you can design your ignition curve!
"Very Reliable" is it 'hasn't failed for ten years constant use'. It hasn't been out long enough to quantify that statement.
In relation to other CDI's, as it's programmable, I wouldn't say it's expensive at all. And on that basis, who manufactures it?, and to what price bracket? as opposed to what quality/ reliability bracket? If built to the top end of the latter criteria then it's too cheap, so grab a bargain now, or.....not?
And if done genuinely, then fair shout and big respect, but there is no profit in it (been there), so grab a bargain now, or......
I mean that is more expensive than a standard CDI. Its relyable acording to my standards since for the time I`ve been using it, I had to replace 3 varitronic CDI... :oops: . On top of that the advance curve is accurate .
goldeneye

kiss of death this thread..had to replace my Blue Ducati made in Italy CDI on the C2C at the weekend, due to a really bad misfire (done a couple of plugs in, changed CDI and it got me home, although not perfectly) replaced with an A.T. coil that was in the toolbox. stator readings were a bit low, so re-furbing that with some T5 bits ive got , and hopefully itll be back to being ok! me and a clubmate bought a stator off the LCGB stall between us, so if I needed it on the way home, it was there, I didn't, so it now goes on his knackered GP that's in my shed to get it going again! I think my stator gets better reception this side of the country, with north sea electric, that western electric is lower voltage ive heard. ;)
goldeneye

T5 pick up fitted and reads 118 instead of 93 on the old one....araldited all the joints , and running properly again (did it with the stator in situ so didn't take long) got about four different makes of CDI"s that all came off working engines , so I think I"ll just hoy the lot in the toolbox to be on the safe side!
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

storkfoot wrote:Ducati CDIs come in MEC/EUR bags don't they and have done for years???
All the ones I've had in the last couple of years have been in genuine Piaggio / Vespa sealed poly bags via Sip. :?:
speedy
Main scooter: lambretta af s type ts1

I have two new ones in packaging. One in a Piaggio group packet aprillia, derbi, vespa, etc and the other in a box with genuine ducati on it.. Thewy both say ducati energia on the cdi.
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

corrado wrote:
storkfoot wrote:Ducati CDIs come in MEC/EUR bags don't they and have done for years???
All the ones I've had in the last couple of years have been in genuine Piaggio / Vespa sealed poly bags via Sip. :?:
Martin, heaven knows what's been going on then. I am pretty certain I bought mine in the UK. Scooter parts in false packaging shock!! :-)
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

storkfoot wrote:
corrado wrote:
Martin, heaven knows what's been going on then. I am pretty certain I bought mine in the UK. Scooter parts in false packaging shock!! :-)
I trust Sip Paul.

I noticed that the new ignition kit from Scootopia has BLACK Ducati CDI, no idea what the difference is between the Black and Blue ones though, if any.
firekdp

The Scootopia kit looks like it's based on the Derbi Senda system made by Ducati in Spain.
Can't see the cdi number in the picture but it's possibly a Ducati 32398110.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information