Difficult ccold starting

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
TS1-200

GP200 30mm PHBH, PM expansion, will not start from cold unless put hand over carb mouth, it will then start, once hot no problem, have raised the slow running jet to a 55 from a 50, hasn`t made any difference, 70 choke jet, any ideas anyone ?
Keep on keepin on
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

What's your timing set at ? might be too retarded.....
blue

Sounds like your choke's not working.
Check your cable.
TS1-200

Choke is definitely working,the carb is relatively new so shouldn`t be an issue, not thought about timing, will check it,Stator faults wouldn`t have an effect on cold starting would it.
Keep on keepin on
goldeneye

have you got a filter fitted? is the choke lifting up all the way? try a flip up choke lever to eliminate the cable, try dropping the pilot to a 48 see if that helps.
coaster

Make sure the tick over isn't set too fast and keep the throttle closed when kicking it over I.e. Don't twist the throttle as you kick.
TS1-200

Well after the pilot change and a bit of fine tuning to the carb it seems better,it did start this morning, but there is something not quite right, can`t put my finger on it, see what its like tomorrow.
Keep on keepin on
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

Get it on a dyno..
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Timbo wrote:Get it on a dyno..
Unless the jetting was wildly out, I don't find the Dyno useful for cold start issues. It's usually something mechanical, like a weak spark, worn or badly setup choke, or excessively worn piston/rings.....etc.
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
TS1-200

Not my scoot, but has all rings seals etc. replaced by a reputable scooter dealer, in fact the owner of the scooter has spent £1000 + and it won't start, trouble is he has recently moved away from the area to near me and asked me to help, anyway after the jetting alterations and some fine tuning of the carb it seems a lot better, fingers crossed it's ok now.
Keep on keepin on
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information