GT200 kit exhaust advice please.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
speedy
Main scooter: lambretta af s type ts1

How do folks, not been on for a few months as I've had no internet since October with one thing or another. I apologise if I've missed a similar ask, but hey ho, i'll ask anyway. After lots of thought regards kits for a Gp I've been building over the winter, I've decided on the gt 200. It was either that or the casa and the gt has won. So hoping they are in stock as shall be ringing up for one next week. My question is this. I have a NK rally at home doing nothing, or, how about the TSR Evo [Based on it's price] as options as pipes. Would either of these expansions suit the port timings and power characteristics of the standard gt 200 kit. I am looking at using Indian gp200 gears with 19x46 sprockets,4.8 ratio.Cheers Speedy
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Looking at the TSR Evo thread on here the 2 exhausts that you have give very similar figures and characteristics and look like they'll produce plenty of low down power to cope with 4.8 easily.
speedy

Thanks for that Martin. I do think that if that Evo pipe doesn't snap the end can off, then it's a bloody dirt cheap pipe. It looks pretty too.
belly
Main scooter: series 2 Li with TS1

I've a standard GT 200 kit, tried the taffy copy then changed to af nk road /rally, the difference was enormous, same gearing as yours pulls really well
shocky

speedy wrote:Thanks for that Martin. I do think that if that Evo pipe doesn't snap the end can off, then it's a bloody dirt cheap pipe. It looks pretty too.
Ithought there was a support availible ?
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
speedy

belly wrote:I've a standard GT 200 kit, tried the taffy copy then changed to af nk road /rally, the difference was enormous, same gearing as yours pulls really well
Aha, I will have both pipes available to use, NK Rally and TSR Evo, so will compare both' :D
speedy

shocky wrote:
speedy wrote:Thanks for that Martin. I do think that if that Evo pipe doesn't snap the end can off, then it's a bloody dirt cheap pipe. It looks pretty too.
Ithought there was a support availible ?
I've not seen one mi duck, but that dunna mean that there isn't one I surpose. I have heard that one of the Lincs and Newark lads is making his own for one that he's purchased. They have a pretty heavy endcan it's true to say, but do have some good strengthening pieces added, so time will tell. In fairness, the newer Frescos dunna have support, neither do the PM pipes and they seem fairly robust. Will be nice if they don't break. :lol:
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

I've never had any issues with Scootrs / Sterling pipes with no end can support. Had plenty of issues with every other exhaust I've had WITH rear fixing to the casing. No issues on my current GP with ADS3 now that I've fitted a support bracket that fits to the rear shocker mount.
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

speedy wrote:How do folks, not been on for a few months as I've had no internet since October with one thing or another. I apologise if I've missed a similar ask, but hey ho, i'll ask anyway. After lots of thought regards kits for a Gp I've been building over the winter, I've decided on the gt 200. It was either that or the casa and the gt has won. So hoping they are in stock as shall be ringing up for one next week. My question is this. I have a NK rally at home doing nothing, or, how about the TSR Evo [Based on it's price] as options as pipes. Would either of these expansions suit the port timings and power characteristics of the standard gt 200 kit. I am looking at using Indian gp200 gears with 19x46 sprockets,4.8 ratio.Cheers Speedy

Franspeed Supertourer on Mine
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

corrado wrote:I've never had any issues with Scootrs / Sterling pipes with no end can support. Had plenty of issues with every other exhaust I've had WITH rear fixing to the casing. No issues on my current GP with ADS3 now that I've fitted a support bracket that fits to the rear shocker mount.
Martin have you fitted an extra support on your ADS 3 ? Mine has the rear Mount ?
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information