GT200 kit exhaust advice please.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Speed Demon
Dealer

Martin - what is the panel clearance like with that support bracket? I trust you mean the L&S one from SCK?

It is a better system than off the chaincase studs but older pipes with this support method seemed to touch either the panel on full shock travel or the kickstart.
Get to SULK
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Out of the box the panel made contact [GP] but after bending it about a bit and chamfering the square edge of the bracket it clears OK. I added extra washers to get it to go where I wanted too. Thankfully I have a degree in "fettling".

When fitting a JL3 to a mates scooter I fitted 6mm threaded bar to the casing rather than using the long bolts. Probably about 4 inch long then added a nut and washer [as you would normally on your chaincase] I then fitted the sleeve and used nuts and washers on the outside, that seemed a lot more secure than the bolt going into the casing. Someone pointed out that it would be more difficult to remove the chain cover by the roadside .... my mate said that isn't an issue, unless the AA man wants to take it off. :mrgreen:
Speed Demon
Dealer

Best I've found so far is the MB one that is supported off 4 chaincase studs because the strain is shared by enough studs to cope.

I thought there might be panel problems with the shock-mounted one. Shame as I've trashed many a good panel with that type before.
Get to SULK
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

[quote="Speed Demon"]Best I've found so far is the MB one that is supported off 4 chaincase studs because the strain is shared by enough studs to cope.

Agree re the MB 4 Stud Bracket i altered my ADS pipe to fit one
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
Speed Demon
Dealer

http://www.lambrettaspares.com/spares/e ... 0793k.html

Out of stock though :(

Not much use that, is it?
Get to SULK
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

Speed Demon wrote:http://www.lambrettaspares.com/spares/e ... 0793k.html

Out of stock though :(