RS Clubman

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
brian_s

Anyone have info on RS Clubman pipes? I have read various things, but never seen one, or ridden one, or seen a dyno etc. I am building up a series 2 TS1 sleeper and want to run a clubman type pipe that will not bog the revs terribly. Anyone have info on the RS pipes??? Where/how to buy??? other similar pipes??? mods to make an Indian bigbore rev out higher etc?

Thanks!
Muttley McLadd

You wont see a picture of one on the internet. Anyone that's got one from Ralph, rather than secondhand, knows not to put pictures of his work where all can see them.

Info:
Some have a slip jointed manifold. Some don't.
They rev on to 9000.
They don't fall to bits if you bolt them on properly.
They fit without any fettling at all.
They take two days to make, and are f@@king expensive, if you can convince Ralph to make one for you.
Good luck getting anyone to part with a secondhand one.
CakeAndArseParty
brian_s

crap, that is what I was afraid of... expensive, illusive, and possibly unobtainium! anyone have contact info for Ralph? Is there another pipe that even flirts with the performace/revs of the RS?
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Muttley McLadd wrote: if you can convince Ralph to make one for you.
Probably more chance with a letter to Santa Claus. :P
Muttley McLadd

brian_s wrote:crap, that is what I was afraid of... expensive, illusive, and possibly unobtainium! anyone have contact info for Ralph? Is there another pipe that even flirts with the performace/revs of the RS?
That depends what you want to do with it. I've currently got a JL4 on my set up, but have run it with the Ralph pipe. It's no faster with the JL4, it just has more of a woosh from 5k to 7k, at the expense of low down woosh. Mind you, mind doesn't have any low down woosh to start with.

I don't think you'll see Ralph's phone number published either.. If you can get hold of him, expect to be paying the other side of three hundred quid for one.

Or, you could try a few of the horders. There's people who have a few bits that Ralph has made, just lying around on shelves as talking points, unused.
CakeAndArseParty
Matty

Ralph was going to build a reverse cone clubman for me and quoted £300 but that was 2 years ago. I'm really happy with the Rapido kit he did for me, but quality comes at a price...and a wait. I remember asking him what the turnaround time would be and he said "when it's f@@king finished." :lol:
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

Graham at kegra will build you one.They are expensive though. I understand your idea of the sleeper but you wont get the power from one of these like say a jl race. Ya bike might end up a snorrer instead!
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
Muttley McLadd

tony wrote:I understand your idea of the sleeper but you wont get the power from one of these like say a jl race
You wont get the whacking on the floor over every speed bump or bend either. Or the welding up of the cracks every three miles.
CakeAndArseParty
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

Then they aint mounted right or made right.
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
Muttley McLadd

Not really sure how you can f@@k up fitting an exhaust to stop the poor ground clearance of the downpipe. (pic). This is from one minor speed bump. And I'm not a fat c**t. So, I'd say, badly made.
For a 'race' pipe, that costs over two hundred quid, it's pretty rubbish. All round quality isn't half as good as my clubman. The one I've got on my race bike has had a web welded into it (didn't come from the factory like that - no idea why), and a few extra bits of metal where it touches the floor.
Attachments
downpipe.jpg
CakeAndArseParty
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information