RS Clubman

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
brian_s

While I do understand a TS1 with a clubman will not be as fast as one with a JL4 etc, I am OK with that. I have a GP with a TS1 and a JL4 and it is fun, but I am looking for my S2 to look more stock-ish, and have more low end, thus the dream of a RS Clubman... Any tips on how to get in touch with Ralph if his contact info is not published anywhere? Anyone want to let go of a RS Clubman? Thanks.
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

Muttley McLadd wrote:Not really sure how you can f@@k up fitting an exhaust to stop the poor ground clearance of the downpipe. (pic). This is from one minor speed bump. And I'm not a fat c**t. So, I'd say, badly made.
For a 'race' pipe, that costs over two hundred quid, it's pretty rubbish. All round quality isn't half as good as my clubman. The one I've got on my race bike has had a web welded into it (didn't come from the factory like that - no idea why), and a few extra bits of metal where it touches the floor.

Not good is it!
What I meant by 'not mounted right' was not aimed at the fitter but the fittings..seen a lot of lammy pipes that are solid mounted. Thats just stupid. Expansion pipes need rubber mounting because of the size/shape/weight to cope with the vibration. They cant just be bolted up. Also seen silly ideas that use a rubber 'spacer/gasket' and the manufacturer calls that rubber mounting-again stupid really. The down pipe thing isnt good- I wonder if a series 2 shock would help?
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
Ian Hepworth

brian_s wrote:While I do understand a TS1 with a clubman will not be as fast as one with a JL4 etc, I am OK with that. I have a GP with a TS1 and a JL4 and it is fun, but I am looking for my S2 to look more stock-ish, and have more low end, thus the dream of a RS Clubman... Any tips on how to get in touch with Ralph if his contact info is not published anywhere? Anyone want to let go of a RS Clubman? Thanks.
R.S TUNING CONVERSIONS,
310 BALBY RD,
BALBY,
DONCASTER.
DN4 0QF
Tel: 01302 857082

Before anyone moans it's info in the public domain.
Last edited by Ian Hepworth on Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matty

Ian Hepworth wrote:
brian_s wrote:While I do understand a TS1 with a clubman will not be as fast as one with a JL4 etc, I am OK with that. I have a GP with a TS1 and a JL4 and it is fun, but I am looking for my S2 to look more stock-ish, and have more low end, thus the dream of a RS Clubman... Any tips on how to get in touch with Ralph if his contact info is not published anywhere? Anyone want to let go of a RS Clubman? Thanks.
R.S TUNING CONVERSIONS,
310 BALBY RD,
BLABY,
DONCASTER.
DN4 0QF

It's true you know. I used the BT site to find his number, called him and bingo. Alternatively get a copy of Scootering from the 90's.
Muttley McLadd

Ian Hepworth wrote: R.S TUNING CONVERSIONS,
310 BALBY RD,
BALBY,
DONCASTER.
DN4 0QF

bartGoogle.JPG
CakeAndArseParty
johnny diamond

give him a ring brian,it wont take him long im sure now that he has cleared up the log jam of work he had, :)
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

And if you go there,make sure you take some cakes.
Matty

soosh wrote:And if you go there,make sure you take some cakes.

:lol: :lol:
Stokie

soosh wrote:And if you go there,make sure you take some cakes.
But don't ask for an inlet stud
Muttley McLadd

Stokie wrote: But don't ask for an inlet stud
Or a discount for cash. :D
CakeAndArseParty
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information