200 cylinder to small block conversion?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
shocky

tarmac tickler wrote:i have done loads of these for mates/paying customers, when u first asked if anyone can do them, i thought 15 quid to post it to me, 15 quid to post it back and 20 quid to do it, and i thought naaa he wont pay that, then again i,m a plasterer who pisses about with s**t for fun, i aint got to scratch a living out of lambretta land.

martin is a top bloke though at chisel,
£15 postage for a barrel ? I recently posted a complete engine for£16 including extra cover by herpes
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

shocky wrote:
tarmac tickler wrote:i have done loads of these for mates/paying customers, when u first asked if anyone can do them, i thought 15 quid to post it to me, 15 quid to post it back and 20 quid to do it, and i thought naaa he wont pay that, then again i,m a plasterer who pisses about with s**t for fun, i aint got to scratch a living out of lambretta land.

£15 postage for a barrel ? I recently posted a complete engine for£16 including extra cover by herpes
Easy £15 if you take it to the post office.

I have an 8Kg package to post and that is coming up at £23 parcelfarce 48
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Chris in Margate
Main scooter: Lambretta 1964 225 Special

Hermes . ... Brilliant service AND they come to you to pick it up.
Sorry... gone off thread.
shocky

We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
shocky

rosscla wrote:
shocky wrote:

Easy £15 if you take it to the post office.
You
I have an 8Kg package to post and that is coming up at £23 parcelfarce 48
I dont know your dimentions but parcel force express 24 hr comes in at 13.19 incvat using
interparcel
shocky

Over a year but what was the outcome ?
grimspeed
Main scooter: gp 283 kx

I have done loads of these including a 200 Rapido and a Autisa short stroke !
Use a 150 head and get it reprofiled or it wont line up to the bore correctly !
i have a horrible feeling.things are going to go bang
scooterslag

always been interested in one of these, has anyone ran one for a number of years, if so have they been reliable?
The mack daddy on the left!
Chris Tindal
Main scooter: GP150

Has a year gone by already? Well it was done and put on the rebuilt engine, fits like a glove. I haven't started it yet because the restoration is very slow and I'm just getting the bodywork back from the sprayers.
kevspeed

grimspeed wrote:I have done loads of these including a 200 Rapido and a Autisa short stroke !
Use a 150 head and get it reprofiled or it wont line up to the bore correctly !
I've had bash at this myself,well,not all me,I had a mate do the lathe work,but there looks to be an overhang of the mag side transfer port,is there a way you overcame this,or did you not have this problem?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information