Pick up

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Magalluf

Can anyone tell me how to test the pick up on a stator, I have 4 stators and none of the buggers work. Before I go out and buy more pick ups and set about soldering I would like to check to see if that is the problema. No point trying to fix something that aint broke

cheers

Steveo
joeswoonara
Main scooter: jet ts1

explains how to do it in Sticky`s book if you have one to hand , mines out on loan else i`d look for you :roll:
never squat down when wearing spurs !!
coaster

You need a multi-meter set to ohms, a good pickup should read between around 95 to 115 ohms but it is more common for the LT coil to fail. The LT coil should read between 450 and 500 or so ohms.
philz
Main scooter: Lambretta Li150

Anyone know what voltage the green ignition wire from stator should read when kicked over?
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

start with yours how many ya getin?
C’est la vie
coaster

philz wrote:Anyone know what voltage the green ignition wire from stator should read when kicked over?
Personally I'm not sure that reading the voltage at kickover speed will give a very accurate indication. It'll depend a lot on how hard you kick/compression etc. The resistance readings of the LT coil and Pick up are the important ones to consider imho.
philz
Main scooter: Lambretta Li150

Ok thanks guys.
Magalluf

I have found that on ! stator the Green to White wires reads 305 ohms does that mean I need to change the LT coil.
coaster

Magalluf wrote:I have found that on ! stator the Green to White wires reads 305 ohms does that mean I need to change the LT coil.
Yes, that reading is way too low.
Architecten
Main scooter: Allwyn Pushpak GP125 (RT200)

I finished soldering up my stator last night after replacing the LT coil and pickup. It now reads 511 and 94 respectively. What happens when it goes back on the scooter is anyone's guess...!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information