TSR Evo pipe

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Noplastic
Main scooter: Vespa PX221 disc

Minority wrote:Pretty sure the NK used in this test would be the "road" version and the Franspeed Supertourer is not too dissimilar to the NK (according to the graphs on Andy Francis website).
As you say the results for the TSR are pretty impressive, especially for the price!
Just replaced my JL3 with the TSR EVO, so hoping for good results when jetted in.
Great, looking forward to the results of your JL3 VS TSR test!
B-Race Tuning
Main scooter: Lambro, GP.

Minority wrote:
B-Race Tuning wrote:Could you put up a dyno graph of that once done, Minority? If dyno'd of course. Simon.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dyno, in sunny Western Australia. It's good old plug chops for us colonials in Perth!
Seriously, I'd love to get it dynoed, just not available here Simon. :cry:
LOL, Didn't know which areas do or don't but was aware that dyno facilities are far flung. Must say, it looks the part though, v. smart. I'm sure no one would mind a duplicate picture in this thread, seeing it's the pipe discussed ;) S
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

Just for you Simon ;)
Noplastic
Main scooter: Vespa PX221 disc

In the Vespa world, TSR is popular for the Revolver, the asian replica of the JL Righ hand. I remember scootering making a comparison between the 2 (among the many they tested).
But this seems to be different especially if Marco Rentzmann was involved into the pipe development like the say on their webpage.

Let's wait and see... :mrgreen:

Very cool pic by the way!
Jazzy

Minority wrote:Image

Just for you Simon ;)
How did you get on with the "Missing" end can bracket.
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

Jazzy wrote:
How did you get on with the "Missing" end can bracket.
Time will tell :roll:
However the distance from the cone to the can is shorter than most and is heavily braced.
OAP
Dealer

Sorry should have clarified colours of the TSR & NK are similar:

NK is the road pipe which shows the 2nd highest BHP
JL is the Franspeed Race, in Green top BHP
Clubman is the prototype superclubman
TSR is showing up in 3rd
Jazzy

What the Graph shows is they are all excellent pipes, With different Characteristics. and require different gearing to get the best.

Ive ridden the bike (well it is mine) with the super clubman and although it doesn't look much on the graph, compared to the others its an absolute delight to ride. always in the power however few revs you're pulling and if i were to ride on my own across Europe and the alps this would be my choice.

When it doesn't have the Case Induction engine, in I have the Nk road. great pipe once you get used to the lack of rev on. the TSR evo looks like it will give some of that at the loss of a little peak power.

Horses for courses
B-Race Tuning
Main scooter: Lambro, GP.

Jazzy, all I was going to put there was a thumbs up 'smilie' but there isn't one, :super clubman. Just by graphs, a lovely ride.
On the JB graphs, watch the recorded AFR, I'm sure John/ you've got it covered. Simon
mikeallen
Xbox live gamer tag: junkyevenflow69

I have one of these pipes which is still sitting in its box as I've not had time to fit it to the scooter yet but, on first inspection I'm concerned how the downpipe connects into the main body of the exhaust. The main body slides into the downpipe rather than the other way round like a clubman where the downpipe slides into the main body of the exhaust in the direction of the gas flow.

Surely if the main body slides into the downpipe rather than the other way round this joint is likely to blow :?

just wondered if those that have fitted this pipe found this a problem :?:

cheers
Mike
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information