back to the drawing board

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
steve.earby

Hi guys
Here we go again Had the good fortune to take my 1967 lambretta li special to sean who relayed the piston head after it had seazed that was back in november and for a while she ran great about two month ago she seazed again this time team dog speed carried out the work the were closer last week it happened again. starting to think its more than my inability to ride the bloody thing. on both occations have run in the head ridden carefully only puting engine under load for short busts run it rich then slowly changed the mix to the correct ratio,s and still she keeps going, Question is what else could be going on its costing me a small mortgage every time she goes wrong. Im loseing confidence in her. I cannot fault the work both Sean and Dave have done on her as she runs like a dream when running. so any suggestions at what to do to keep her running or just to keep the cost down would be appreciated
thanks guys
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

a bit more info is required.

What top end is on the bike? What piston to bore tolerances were set on build up?

What carb and what jetting?

Timing set at?

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information