What is the best 12v conversion gear?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
scooterslag

weeks wrote:Ive had a number of scoots with standard 6 volt lights AC and DC (some lights slightly better than others) but none are as good as a really well set-up 12 volt system.

Suppose it depends on what your using the scoot for, many folk don't get out of the town in daylight never mind darkness on a scoot ................... You can also have 12 volt with points too if you wanted.

Horses for courses I guess

Good luck ;)
Standard Ducati electrics on a SX150, flywheel remagnatised, LED tail light and Speedo bulb, ideal lights for dark country lanes and when I leave town ;-) you can also go 12v points with a wassel regulator. Paul ;-)
The mack daddy on the left!
weeks

scooterslag wrote:
weeks wrote:Ive had a number of scoots with standard 6 volt lights AC and DC (some lights slightly better than others) but none are as good as a really well set-up 12 volt system.

Suppose it depends on what your using the scoot for, many folk don't get out of the town in daylight never mind darkness on a scoot ................... You can also have 12 volt with points too if you wanted.

Horses for courses I guess

Good luck ;)
Standard Ducati electrics on a SX150, flywheel remagnatised, LED tail light and Speedo bulb, ideal lights for dark country lanes and when I leave town ;-) you can also go 12v points with a wassel regulator. Paul ;-)
This SX150 has run a standard Ducati Flywheel / stator (rewound in 1997) 12 volt DC system for many years over many miles .......... So yes there are variations to electrical systems ;)

scooterslag

Snap! :D

engine rebuild in 1995, still on the same stator etc, just needed a slight adjustment with a Rizla ;)
weeks

Yeah think my points need a little tweak too ;)

Lovely machine fella good year and model :D .............. One of my favs the SX150
Last edited by weeks on Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
scooterslag

weeks wrote:Yeah think my points need a little tweak too ;)

Lovely machine fella good year and model :D .............. One of my favs the SX150
Cheers chap, yep got love em' ;) nice scoot as well- looks a lot more 'racey' than mine, whats the spec? Paul
weeks

scooterslag wrote:

Cheers chap, yep got love em' ;) nice scoot as well- looks a lot more 'racey' than mine, whats the spec? Paul
Apologies to the original poster for thread drift :oops:

Pretty old school really .............. DSC Clubman tune 175 / 24 mm Amal / Ancillotti box / pacemaker gearbox

Definitely wont pull your arms out but fun to ride and can cane it all day, ive used it a bit over the years but mainly Dual carriage way and A road work, yeah good fun :D

Interested to know where in production your SX came as still fitted with the earlier horncasing badge
scooterslag

weeks wrote:
scooterslag wrote:

Apologies to the original poster for thread drift :oops:

Pretty old school really .............. DSC Clubman tune 175 / 24 mm Amal / Ancillotti box / pacemaker gearbox

Definitely wont pull your arms out but fun to ride and can cane it all day, ive used it a bit over the years but mainly Dual carriage way and A road work, yeah good fun :D

Interested to know where in production your SX came as still fitted with the earlier horncasing badge
I've never really thought of that, guess it must have been one of the early machines, maybe it was sat around in a dealership and then registered when bought? English spec machine, DC stator, standard engine with a clubman, port polish and sight upjet ;)
weeks

scooterslag wrote: I've never really thought of that, guess it must have been one of the early machines, maybe it was sat around in a dealership and then registered when bought? English spec machine, standard engine with a clubman, port polish and sight upjet ;)
Yeah it happened ........... Better let the thread get back to helping the guy sort his lights ;)

Enjoy the Sx Paul ;)

Cheers
scooterslag

weeks wrote:
scooterslag wrote: I've never really thought of that, guess it must have been one of the early machines, maybe it was sat around in a dealership and then registered when bought? English spec machine, standard engine with a clubman, port polish and sight upjet ;)
Yeah it happened ........... Better let the thread get back to helping the guy sort his lights ;)

Enjoy the Sx Paul ;)

Cheers
Yeah probably a good idea :D ride safe too Martin, sorry for the thread hijack Micky :oops:
Micky Tapp
Main scooter: Lambretta GP200

Hey weeks don't worry about the going off topic, just grateful to you both for some some points ( pun intended) to think about! First prize to scooterslag for somehow involving a Rizla in his ingnition set up.

I spent last night reading up on the ignition and the various electronic conversions and how to set them up, mainly from mb's tech site. I think I am going towards the mb designed kit, but need to think further ahead to make sure I consider the crank before I purchase the 12v flywheel.
I appreciate all your feedback guys.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information