Aquila Continentale Seat

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

somebody probably swapped it for a comfortable one...
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
heisenbretta
Main scooter: 125 Special

I know this is an old topic but I also have a TV series 2 with an Aquila seat... It was there when I bought it. And it doesn't look like the TV series 1 Aquila type but more like the Giuliari "wide back" except that it's not a Giuliari but an Aquila... 🤔
Does anyone had the same surprise ?
Steveshipley
Main scooter: Sx150

yes, I've been trying to get to the bottom of this too. folk tell me the Aquila was only fitted to the S1.
I got 2 s2 tv175s to restore ones got a guilari and the other the Aquila. both seem original to the scooters and both are "wide backs". I've bought the casa (I think) wide back seat cover and it fits both seats nicely. bit pricey at over £100, but hobsons choice I'm afraid. the Aquila is a tiny bit narrower than the guilari.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Ironically my TV S2 came with single saddles, but I have since swapped them for an Aquila seat and that takes the wide back Casa cover. So I probably ended up with the right seat for the job by accident. :D
heisenbretta

So it seems that probably a small number of TV series 2 have had those Aquila seats... And thanks for the info about the casa wide back cover because I was hesitating to get one since they sell it for Giuliari...
heisenbretta

Are those seats more comfortable than the classic Giuliari ? Do you have any pictures by the way ? I was also hesitant because of the look/shape I have to say...
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

I don't know if they are more comfortable or not, to be honest. You'd be hard pressed to tell the difference at a glance. Except, of course, that they are a little wider at the back. Quite why I don't know.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information