Mini Atomic Reed Valve

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
dapper
Main scooter: The Biriani Bullet

Anyone fitted one of these to a 200/225cc kit such as the Avanti ? I ask as it says it needs no fins cutting to fit it. Just wondering, like.

http://scootrs.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=2526
Compact Toolbox Flywheel Holder
Andy W
Main scooter: GP 186 Imola

I am in the process of porting an Indian 200 barrel, and will be fitting one of these and mine fits without machining any fins. Andy
shocky

Im watchingthis with interest dapper have you bought one yet?
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Andy W
Main scooter: GP 186 Imola

Got mine from Corrado on here, good price and very quick delivery as always.
kevspeed

I bought one a while back to fit to an old school 'Yamaha' 200 kit.Back in the day,the DT175 piston for the kit had to have the reed valve windows welded up,so I bought one of the 'Atomic' reed manifolds to save fannying around with the piston!,it fitted with no alteration to the manifold or the barrel,even the port to manifold area was virtually spot on!!
shocky

kevspeed wrote:I bought one a while back to fit to an old school 'Yamaha' 200 kit.Back in the day,the DT175 piston for the kit had to have the reed valve windows welded up,so I bought one of the 'Atomic' reed manifolds to save fannying around with the piston!,it fitted with no alteration to the manifold or the barrel,even the port to manifold area was virtually spot on!!
Any feed back on , fuel consumption, acceleration, pick up, top speed what carb how close to panel :D
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

I've got my eye on one of these but want to keep my airbox.

I have a 25mm PHBL at the moment.

Anyone know if it's possible to squeeze this in where my manifold is at the moment?
dapper
Main scooter: The Biriani Bullet

shocky wrote:Im watchingthis with interest dapper have you bought one yet?
Not yet Steve. Only happened to look at it yesterday. Saw the other one they do and then a link to this one. Have an Avanti kit on at present with the larger cooling fins and was getting a lot of spit back last year, so have been thinking of a reed valve to improve that issue & fuel consumption/starting/power spread and then saw the link to this one. Not sure whether its too small for a 225cc. :? :!: :?: Don't like the idea of cutting so much off the fins to fit the other one and can't be arsed to tell the truth. Spending £450 on a top new kit and then having to cut half the feckin fins away is not my way of doing things. :roll: :D May be giving that nice Mr Corrado a call later this week. Do you really have to cut holes in the piston or can you just fit it anyway, if no holes cut what effect will this have?
Compact Toolbox Flywheel Holder
kevspeed

shocky wrote:
kevspeed wrote:I bought one a while back to fit to an old school 'Yamaha' 200 kit.Back in the day,the DT175 piston for the kit had to have the reed valve windows welded up,so I bought one of the 'Atomic' reed manifolds to save fannying around with the piston!,it fitted with no alteration to the manifold or the barrel,even the port to manifold area was virtually spot on!!
Any feed back on , fuel consumption, acceleration, pick up, top speed what carb how close to panel :D
Not yet,the project is still on going 8-)
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Mark. Have a look at the thread by FrenchFrog. I think he used one on his tuned Lince. I think he had to do a little bit of fettling. But it's an interesting read. No pun intended. :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information