LATE PRODUCTION SX 200

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
wurzel
Main scooter: TV 175 / JET 200

Can anybody tell me when in it's production run did the SX200 change from bolt in fork buffers to push fit.
Was it when the horn cast badge and toolbox changed or did they change at an earlier point.

Regards Mark
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Might be one for anoraks corner on the other site ;-)
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

I see you already got there...
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Ihateyoubutler

Mine was a H reg. Had clip on panels, GP toolbox and loads of other plastic/gp parts. made money on it too when I sold it for £100.00
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

I always thought they came in about the same time as the GP's.
kevspeed

If its any help......i had a 'G' reg SX150,clip on panels,push in fork buffers,plastic grey toolbox,square horncast badge,and 'GP' style horn bracket!,i know you asked about the 200cc models,but surely they would have been using the newer parts on all the older models to get them off the production line and sold!
ArmandTanzarian

Ihateyoubutler wrote:Mine was a H reg. Had clip on panels, GP toolbox and loads of other plastic/gp parts. made money on it too when I sold it for £100.00
Mine was a G reg with all of the above bits. I sold that for £100 too!
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
wurzel
Main scooter: TV 175 / JET 200

Posted it in Anorak section on the other channel hoping someone may have some info
as to when the changes came about.
I assumed that only the last few models in the range would have the push in buffers
as Innocenti was heading into the production of the GP model in late 1968.
I know the changes to push in buffers were announced in spring of 1968 but was wondering
if anyone had any detailed information as to what frame number range they were used in.
Treeman
Main scooter: GP 225 TS1

ArmandTanzarian wrote:
Ihateyoubutler wrote:Mine was a H reg. Had clip on panels, GP toolbox and loads of other plastic/gp parts. made money on it too when I sold it for £100.00
Mine was a G reg with all of the above bits. I sold that for £100 too!
I did well on mine, bought my G reg in 84 for 130 quid and sold it in 2002 in a mess for 1000 quid! (glad I didn't hold on to it!)
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

I bought my SX200 '67 late 2002, complete and running and paid £3,200.....resto's at the time were selling for £1-200k from memory. I still have mine...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information