FOXHAT 260's

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

JohnnyH wrote:Aren't Foxhat a Scooterotica approved tuner?
:lol: No.......see response below. :lol:
JohnnyH wrote:Or do they just use you for advertising?
:? They don't 'use' us for anything, we were impressed with their work and so publicised it in our 'dealers' section....same way we did with Staurt Owen @ 100mph Lambertta, MB Developments, and many others......thats what the dealers section is for. :?

JohnnyH wrote:Either way, it seems strange that these motors have been hyped so much on here but they won't (or can't) produce a dyno graph.
Hyped in what way? We like them and did an advert for them in the dealers section......what would you expect me to do.....write an advert that says: "Yup...big CC, but have no dyno graph so they must be crap" :lol: :lol: Crikey....i was just trying to do FOXHAT a favour! :roll:

JohnnyH wrote:You must understand that people will be suspicious about this, especially as you have offered then dyno time and publicised them so much.
Suspicious? Dont be rediculous....why would anyone be suspicious? Now if you said people would be interested, or have enquiries.....then yes of course.....but whats to be suspicious about? Its an advert for an engine builder....if you want one....go and see them, make an enquiry, have a look at thier workshop, ride their demonstrator, and make a decision. :?

JohnnyH wrote:Have any of these engines been produced, or did they just not make the power expected?
Yes, they have been produced....lots of them, for a while now, and as for power....how the f@@k should i know.....i dont have a dyno graph. :lol: :lol:
But.....as has been said many times before, the current owners out on the streets are happy, their machines are bloody rapid, and the demonstrator is a f@@king animal. So.....if you have a genuine enquiry....go see FOXHAT.

JohnnyH wrote:If they were any good, surely they'd be publicising them on here again to (potentially) hundreds of customers.
Well, actually....no, you are wrong there. There is one very good reason, which is personal to FOXHAT, as to why they dont publisice their stuff, and the second reason is that they already have too much on and under current circumstances could not cope with additional work. That is set to change though, and when it does they will make their own announcement in their own good time.....their agenda and personal circumstances are not to be spliced and diced on a public forum and they dont have to increase their pace or justify anything to anyone. Their customers scooters and their demonstrator speaks for itself.

JohnnyH wrote:I know that you've said that your the wrong people to ask, but by publically associating them with your forum/company, you become a point of contact for them and, as such, must expect further enquiries.
And you say that with a straight face? Even though we are not the same business, and publish thier phone number and email address in the advert? So every time i make a post about a new product am i associated with the company in someway, and therefore their new secretary? :lol: If thats your logic....then can everyone please now ring Adspeed to order their Chiselspeed retard units.

JohnnyH wrote:If there is nothing to hide then I'm sure they will be happy to post dyno graphs as most other tuners would do when publically promoting a new product.
If there is nothing to hide?? Like what? :lol: :lol: :lol:

JohnnyH wrote:Even AF managed to publish a dyno graph for the RB!
Yeah...i've seen it....it doesnt have any numbers on it!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So in summary......Scooterotica is not FOXHAT, and they are not an 'approved' Scooterotica tuner, in the sense that we do not out-source our jobs to them.....we just reccommend them in an advert, as they are good guys to deal with, knowledgable, precise, and build good engines.

Also....i have nothing to hide, they have nothing to hide, and there is no consipracy or X-file out there.

Furthermore......as much as i would like to dyno a FOXHAT 260....i dont have one to do so (as mentioned many times), and so its no use badgering me for something that i dont have, and that is not under my control.

And may i add.....i completely understand the interest in these motors....im as interested as you all are....hence my post and the advert for them, and as with ANY item i post on here.....i do it beacuse its for the benefit of the whole forum to know about whats available out there.

And.......FOXHAT do what they do, they are good at it, and they enjoy it.....but they dont march to the beat of anyone elses drum....and neither do i. So....please take it in good faith that as/when/if i have any info (good or bad)...then i will post it, and if i dont....then i wont, and please be clear.....we run this forum in our own time, and do all the testing at out own expence (eg - recent Mick Abbey cylinder sent out free and scheduled next week for a free dyno session!), and make everything that is our power to do so, as transparent as possible........but some times, some things are a) out of our control and b) there is no reason why FOXHAT or any other company need to post or prove anything at the behest or command/demand of a group of people on a forum that they do not even know.

So take what ever info you get from us in whatever way you chose, please be happy that we provide as much helpful info as we can, when we can, ask as many questions as you want, and if we can help....we will......and please acknowledge that we are just here to help, and circulate info, and are not oblidged to say 'how high?' when a forum member says 'jump'!

For anyone that has not seen the FOXHAT advert in the dealers section, you can review it here: http://scooterotica.org/tempforum/viewt ... ?f=12&t=19

And if anyone wants to ask FOXHAT any questions, here are their contact details: Contact Art or Al by email: alalx@tiscali.co.uk or Tel: 07970 198314
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

Just to add a little credability to the foxhat lads..My brothers AF built TS1 gave up the ghost a few months ago and him living in York and knowing the guys sent his scoot there for complete engine rebuild..Nothing over the top just a full engine rebuild top to bottom,
And his verdict was....WOW its never ran so well and fast and smooth and responsive and and and so on. Now its never been on a dyno (nothing against dynos Sean/Dan) they set it by ear and testing and its sweet as a nut..Happy Days.. :D Oh and thats not a dig at AF..
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
joespeed

just another good point to say,we have a couple of foxhat engined scooters in our club they are quick reliable and do most of the rallies up and down the country,
they do not use dyno's but they do have 'hidden qualities' there not on their own ralph nor ray uses dynos because they are all talented in what they do!
foxhat keep up the good work.
regards
joe
tarmac tickler

as it happens there is a run what u brung this sunday 18th october at Elvington Yorkshire.. a fiver entry and 35 quid to race ,, every one welcome .. guaranteed lots of track time,,, a local track for local people ;) ;)

got a broken thumb meself but may come and spectate seeing as i cant change gear,,,
Adspeed

Wow Dan that was a beauty!! :shock: :lol:

The hole threads not directly pointing the finger at you guys (D&S) so don't take it too much to heart......We've all heard good things about the Foxhat engines, not everybody lives near York and maybe we just wanna see what its all about.

We're asking Foxhat to show us what can be produced with a 260 tourer RB, sounds right down my street. One of the brothers asked me to post my mildly tuned touring TS sheet which I did, ok I do use the dyno regular so it was no probs.

Although the last couple of posts is great but 'my mates is fast' is no real way for people (all over the world really) to get a feel for what these guys are producing.

PS Maybe people assume your linked to Foxhat due to post in the dealers section being sticky'd?

PPS Dan-What do you need to be a 'Scooterotica Approved' tuner like Mick Abbey? Although very knowledgable is he not new to lambretta stuff, yet Foxhat are the nuts building many a fast engine but they're not approved....... ;)

PPS That was a genuine question so stay calm.
JOHNNY
Main scooter: Full carbon fibre RB270 gp

dan mine will be finished in a couple of weeks , so when i get back off my jollies you can have it just so you can post some dyno graphs and maybe all this bitching will stop .
sean brady scooters
Dealer

that would be great johnny.......thanks..
and we will of course do it for free.......... :D
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
david
Playstation gamer tag: darkbretta

JohnnyH wrote: Either way, it seems strange that these motors have been hyped so much on here but they won't (or can't) produce a dyno graph.
bad question imo.....I can put a dyno of my 40hp engine...it says nothing... good curve loads of HP on rotronics good dyno.....the "before and after" curves ... only use the dyno to compare the job done. not for marketing.
but I better trust people who make good job....than a photoshop dyno for example.
D
Adspeed

JOHNNY wrote:dan mine will be finished in a couple of weeks , so when i get back off my jollies you can have it just so you can post some dyno graphs and maybe all this bitching will stop .
Thats great stuff Johnny, not sure if its bitching though. If I was telling everybody I had a 13" dick soon enough someones gonna say 'lets have a look then'. :D All we're doing is asking to see the fruits of their work and the product behind the big sell in the dealers section. Not too much to ask really, I'm really looking forward to your dyno from a point of what is available from Foxhat brothers.

In the same way Charlie has upped the game in the racing I'm hoping after all the talk that the Foxhat engines take us to the next level of Lambretta tuning. :)

What is your engine outline?
sean brady scooters
Dealer

Adspeed wrote: PPS Dan-What do you need to be a 'Scooterotica Approved' tuner like Mick Abbey? Although very knowledgable is he not new to lambretta stuff, yet Foxhat are the nuts building many a fast engine but they're not approved....... ;)
The difference between our relationship with Mick Abbey and FOXHAT is not in the differing talent or abilities....simply that we have a business arangement with Mick, and we dont with FOXHAT (or anyone else actually).

FOXHAT have their own skill set and customers, and dont require anything from us on a business level....we just happen to get on well with each other and are happyto promote quaility work when we see it. We have no financial gain from them at all.

Mick specifically asked us for work, and so having seen his motorcycle work, and now his scooter work, we sub certain porting jobs out to him. But as we know scooters and he knows motorcycles, we define the work/spec on a job sheet, and he carries out the tune to our spec....and there is no mystery either...he signs the barrel.

So one is a friendly promotion (which now causes everything related to it to fly in our direction) and the other is a business arrangement.

(From Dan - on Seans computer)
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information