FOXHAT 260's

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Adspeed

sean brady scooters wrote:
Adspeed wrote: PPS Dan-What do you need to be a 'Scooterotica Approved' tuner like Mick Abbey? Although very knowledgable is he not new to lambretta stuff, yet Foxhat are the nuts building many a fast engine but they're not approved....... ;)
The difference between our relationship with Mick Abbey and FOXHAT is not in the differing talent or abilities....simply that we have a business arangement with Mick, and we dont with FOXHAT (or anyone else actually).

(From Dan - on Seans computer)
:shock: Wow so they're both great but the one you 'have a business arrangement ' with you class as 'Approved'.....well at least your honest Dan. Can't fault you for that. I would have thought the 'Approval' on an open forum should go on ability to produce the right product for forum members......but then again it ain't my forum. :D
Jet200

Sometimes I'm just glad I can't afford one so I don't need to get over excited by it all :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sean brady scooters
Dealer

FFS adspeed ,...........give it a rest.
stop annoying us or i,ll ban you ......simple as... :D
cos this IS my forum........and YOU are are pain in the arse.
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
J1MS

I had the privilege of meeting the Foxhat brothers a couple of months ago when I called up to York to pick up a couple of clutch spiders, and they were very welcoming. They even offered me a ride on their demonstrator, (which I declined) and showed me around the small garage/workshop (I can see why they wouldn't want to take on too much work at the current workplace) they had Als scooter, the demonstrator, a couple of customers scooters and I think there were three engines in build, and another scooter that looked like it had just come back from a paint shop ...

The barrel conversions they showed me while I was there were fairly impressive big bore cylinders, one was a steel liner-ed TS1 with a bridged exhaust and 72mm bore running on a Bultaco piston all finished to a very high standard. I asked what sort of power do these conversions make. To me, they didnt seem too interested in numbers, it was more how it ran on the road.
I think most of their testing and set up is done on the road & not on a Dyno as that is where it is going to be ridden so that's probably a good place to set it up, on the road... I don't doubt that the Foxhat Cylinder conversions make big power, but I don't think there are actually that many Dyno print-outs to be viewed, as I got the impression from talking to the brothers, that the A64 was their Seat of the pants Dynometer.

The quality of their work in my opinion isnt in doubt, but some might want to see proof in the form of a dyno, as it does give a comparison that can be easily viewed...
sean brady scooters
Dealer

dan and I both agree completley that dyno graphs on the foxhat engines would be great...............
and would ,if produced help folk /prospective customers etc..
but ,as yet we cannot provide these......
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
lifes a drag

J1MS wrote:I had the privilege of meeting the Foxhat brothers a couple of months ago when I called up to York to pick up a couple of clutch spiders, and they were very welcoming. They even offered me a ride on their demonstrator, (which I declined) and showed me around the small garage/workshop (I can see why they wouldn't want to take on too much work at the current workplace) they had Als scooter, the demonstrator, a couple of customers scooters and I think there were three engines in build, and another scooter that looked like it had just come back from a paint shop ...

The barrel conversions they showed me while I was there were fairly impressive big bore cylinders, one was a steel liner-ed TS1 with a bridged exhaust and 72mm bore running on a Bultaco piston all finished to a very high standard. I asked what sort of power do these conversions make. To me, they didnt seem too interested in numbers, it was more how it ran on the road.
I think most of their testing and set up is done on the road & not on a Dyno as that is where it is going to be ridden so that's probably a good place to set it up, on the road... I don't doubt that the Foxhat Cylinder conversions make big power, but I don't think there are actually that many Dyno print-outs to be viewed, as I got the impression from talking to the brothers, that the A64 was their Seat of the pants Dynometer.

The quality of their work in my opinion isnt in doubt, but some might want to see proof in the form of a dyno, as it does give a comparison that can be easily viewed...
The quality of their work in my opinion isnt in doubt

i think it would be silly do doubt there quality

last year i was on the doncaster to barnsley ride out when i had to set off from the back of all my mates who were at the front ,
i was on my dragster and was riding like a nutter trying to cach my mates ,
i remember passing the green foxhat scoot on a long stretch of road aswell as madness and i think a dogspeed gp who was with madness,
after passing all of the scooters on the ride out to get to the front when i arrived who was along side my ?

thats right the green foxhat , madness and his mate ,

that for me answered the question , " there quick scooters "
Matty

sean brady scooters wrote:FFS adspeed ,...........give it a rest.
So users can be banned from this forum if they disagree with Dan or yourself? Nice. As far as I can see Adam hasn't been abusive or used bad language so what's the problem with what he's asking? It might be your forum but you have to remember that as well as the mutual back slapping that goes on here there will also be people who will raise questions and challenge what's been posted. That's what a forum is all about. It's not about running off home with the ball when the scary looking kids decide to play.
Adspeed

sean brady scooters wrote:FFS adspeed ,...........give it a rest.
Ban me if you want Sean that's cool. It all gets a bit kissy cuddly on here sometimes for me, more social and less tuning. Which is a shame as theres been some good stuff on here.

My reply maybe was a bit off but the way I interpretted dans response to why Mick was approved seemed to come down to making money/business? Which I was a little suprised at, was expecting something like he tuned the last 10years worth of RD and TZ championship winnig bikes.

From the other posts above I'm not the only one interested to see what these boys can produce, we know they use the forum. The quality and ability has never been in question. I'm looking forward to seeing the dyno of j's scoot which hopefully will satisfy peoples interest in Foxhat engines.
Last edited by Adspeed on Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
JohnnyH

drunkmunkey6969 wrote:
JohnnyH wrote:Aren't Foxhat a Scooterotica approved tuner?
:lol: No.......see response below. :lol:

OK, you've cleared that up. It's just a strange concept to me. I'm sure that the vast majority of dealers subcontract some work, but in my 25+ years of scootering, I have never heard of one dealer approving another. You have clarified the "approved" status in a later post.

JohnnyH wrote:Or do they just use you for advertising?
:? They don't 'use' us for anything, we were impressed with their work and so publicised it in our 'dealers' section....same way we did with Staurt Owen @ 100mph Lambertta, MB Developments, and many others......thats what the dealers section is for. :?

Maybe "use" was a bad choice of word. Utilise might have been better. Again it's unusual to have this level of advertising on a forum. I know that you have a dealer section, but I would expect the dealers themselves to post on there to publicise their products, As you started/authored the original Foxhat thread some people might think that there is some form of link between you (especially now that you are running Scooterotica as a business).

JohnnyH wrote:Either way, it seems strange that these motors have been hyped so much on here but they won't (or can't) produce a dyno graph.
Hyped in what way? We like them and did an advert for them in the dealers section......what would you expect me to do.....write an advert that says: "Yup...big CC, but have no dyno graph so they must be crap" :lol: :lol: Crikey....i was just trying to do FOXHAT a favour! :roll:

The skill of being a writer/journalist in this type of scenario is to be objective. I wouldn't expect you to say they are crap, just as you couldn't have known if they were any good. Yes, their work looks good, but all I'm asking is for some proof of this. Later posts on here are the first time I have heard from anyone with a Foxhat motor. Their feedback seems positive, but it would still be nice to see a dyno graph so this motor can be compared against others.

JohnnyH wrote:You must understand that people will be suspicious about this, especially as you have offered then dyno time and publicised them so much.
Suspicious? Dont be rediculous....why would anyone be suspicious? Now if you said people would be interested, or have enquiries.....then yes of course.....but whats to be suspicious about? Its an advert for an engine builder....if you want one....go and see them, make an enquiry, have a look at thier workshop, ride their demonstrator, and make a decision. :?

As others have said, I could come on here and say just about anything, for example "I can make a standard PX125 do 97mph with over 25HP", most would know that is impossible, but some might believe it. I would fully expect to be asked to prove this. This Foxhat motor would not really be the type I would go for, but I am very interested in the engineering side of it and to see what it can achieve. It's not really practical to travel to their workshop as I live at the other end of the country. A decent dyno graph should give a reasonable impression of how ridable such an engine would be though (torque/revs). Many people on here are technical enough to be able to read a dyno graph.

JohnnyH wrote:Have any of these engines been produced, or did they just not make the power expected?
Yes, they have been produced....lots of them, for a while now, and as for power....how the f@@k should i know.....i dont have a dyno graph. :lol: :lol:
But.....as has been said many times before, the current owners out on the streets are happy, their machines are bloody rapid, and the demonstrator is a f@@king animal. So.....if you have a genuine enquiry....go see FOXHAT.

As above. All shops will say good things about their own engines, and their customers usually will too.
We're just asking for more info as (until recently) there had been very little on the forums from Foxhat engine owners.

JohnnyH wrote:If they were any good, surely they'd be publicising them on here again to (potentially) hundreds of customers.
Well, actually....no, you are wrong there. There is one very good reason, which is personal to FOXHAT, as to why they dont publisice their stuff, and the second reason is that they already have too much on and under current circumstances could not cope with additional work. That is set to change though, and when it does they will make their own announcement in their own good time.....their agenda and personal circumstances are not to be spliced and diced on a public forum and they dont have to increase their pace or justify anything to anyone. Their customers scooters and their demonstrator speaks for itself.

Not sure I understand your reply. Are you saying that this is just a spare time business? Fair enough is if is, they will be limited as to how much work they can do, but if that's the case, why advertise on this forum? It seems to contradict your statement!

JohnnyH wrote:I know that you've said that your the wrong people to ask, but by publically associating them with your forum/company, you become a point of contact for them and, as such, must expect further enquiries.
And you say that with a straight face? Even though we are not the same business, and publish thier phone number and email address in the advert? So every time i make a post about a new product am i associated with the company in someway, and therefore their new secretary? :lol: If thats your logic....then can everyone please now ring Adspeed to order their Chiselspeed retard units.

Completely straight face! As already said, the way you run this forum and business side by side is unusual. Some other shop websites (Beedspeed, SIP, etc) have forums, but they don't seem to get so involved and don't seem to promote things in the way you do. If dealers promote their own stuff then fine, but the way that you post for others in the dealer section can suggest that there is a business or financial link. Thanks for clarifying the situation.

JohnnyH wrote:If there is nothing to hide then I'm sure they will be happy to post dyno graphs as most other tuners would do when publically promoting a new product.
If there is nothing to hide?? Like what? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Poor or dissapointing performance, technical problems or limitations when building the engine, excessive cost, etc, etc.
Many projects get started and never finished (I can think of a few on here alone!). Other dealers (such as MB and Taffspeed) have started developing a new product, only to find that either it doesn't work, is not practical to produce, would cost too much, etc, etc, and will end the project. I was just trying to find out of the same was happening with these motors as I had heard nothing about them for months.

JohnnyH wrote:Even AF managed to publish a dyno graph for the RB!
Yeah...i've seen it....it doesnt have any numbers on it!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No, but the Foxhat graph doesn't have any numbers, lines or anything on it! It's currently a blank page!

Thanks for clarifying. I would like to see more about these motors because, as others have said, they could be the future. The spec sounds interesting, it would be nice to see the finished article.
I, and I'm sure others, find it frustrating and annoying when a new project is started and publicised but then disappears of the radar. Please keep us posted.
joespeed

the chase can be better than the kill,watch this space,cant see the point in pushing, you will end up 'wi nowt'!
i know that you will appreciate the wait!
regards
joe
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information