Monza 240 changing from 1 ring to 2 ring piston?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
justbretta

New year and starting it off with a silly question. I currently run a tuned Monza 240 and it was built with a Husqvana one ring piston, but I'm looking to change it to a two ring piston for longevity. The question I have is can I simply just change the piston for a two ring equivalent or is there more to it than that, ie will anything else need changing like the head re-profiling due to an increase in compression? Carb rejetting etc? Any advice would be much appreciated.
ricalnic
Main scooter: Lambretta GP Monza 225

My first thoughts would be, ring peg position, to ensure the ring ends do not catch any of your ports. And it may be a like for like Husky piston but has it received additional work like cutaways etc
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

You should not need to reprofile the head unless the new piston has a different dome height. I'd have thought it unlikely you'd need to rejet.

Mark the ring positions in the crown to check they don't run through the ports.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
tavspeed

what size is the husky piston,and what size is the little end,where did you get it from.cheers
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information