Pull down or push up?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
goldeneye

beat me to it there. if your chain is slack enough to use a tensioner, then your chain is the wrong spec, your sprockets are the wrong spec, or you have the wrong combination fitted. its a chain guide not a tensioner. I use a MB top chain guide, no bottom one, and if I need to adjust it more than the slots allow, it means a chain change , or the cog /chain combo is wrong. ive seen a couple of "pull down chain tensioner" failures, and it wasn't a pretty sight. use them if ya want , its your underpants with the skid marks on. :o
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Donnie wrote:Oh, then there's the buy one get one free aspect of the RT one, whether you run it as push up or pull down, once it's time to replace it, you simply undo the 2 bolts and turn the chain block upside down and use the unworn side. Simple yet brilliant idea.
I like the way you're thinking there DP.
Arborman
Main scooter: RB22

Mmmmm I prefer Goldeneyes post!!!! Are they not chain 'Guides' as per the original post.... guides, not a tensioner
Last edited by Arborman on Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information