AF/KBA or MBD/BGM Exhaust

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
slangen
Main scooter: TV200

I will extract the Lambretta dyno results above with torque curves, the sbox for Lambretta looks great!
slangen

Check the torque on the Pipedesign s-box, it kicks in early and leaves the Ancillotti and MB BGMv2 far behind. The Mito box gives a higher hp but not as an impressive torque curve. This is a mildly tunes ts1.

fred

Is the s box available to buy?
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

I've no idea what Mito or S Boxes are so I'm struggling to read much into those results.
slangen

You should be able to order the sbox from Pipedesign in Germany, I hear they are made to order at just under €300.

The mito box can be ordered from Mitolambretta and comes in reverse or the new v.3 with regular en pipe. All according to their FB page.

ImageImageImage
slangen

There are rumours of a new BGM MB Big Box v3 in the making, hope it performs better compared to the other boxes.
Muttley McLadd

Wooo.. that Mito looks tidy.
CakeAndArseParty
Lamaddict

V3 for BGM exhaust seems a bit longwinded. I got a V1 which was okay apart from the amateur welding along the seems. The development of the BGM looked well thought out but when I've see these other offerings I'm not so sure. The humble AF/KBA one still might the best option for overall price and performance depending on what kit you put it on. I've just bought a GT186 kit which seems about the best in it's range and I'm edging towards the AF/KBA one unless someone conveniences me to anythimg far better ;)
gp200ts1
Main scooter: lambretta series 2

well the best clubman box pipe i've used so far has been the Ron moss Avanti clubman. bags of torque and revs well on my Avanti barrelled series 2. had to have it repaired so put a mb/bgm clubman on and performance suffered quite a lot.
coaster

Lamaddict wrote:....I've just bought a GT186 kit which seems about the best in it's range and I'm edging towards the AF/KBA one unless someone conveniences me to anythimg far better ;)
Storkfoot has a BGM on his GT186 and I can confirm that it goes VERY well 8-)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information