Reedvalve - any suggestions for a smallblock?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
alanscottj
Main scooter: Lambretta GP SS250 Casa

I am thinking of adding a ReedValve to my Muggy 198. Has anyone got any suggestions of a good one to have a look at? Doing a bit of research for the next part of my build, getting the fuel consumption a bit better!

Many thanks
Lambretta Series 2 Rat - RB260, SuperTourer, Cyclone 5 gearbox πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘
camel

I run two motors with the mb one and happy with them.there are atomic and lth too but I have no experience with either of them.piston requires windows cutting into it as a minimum requirement..I also cut a boost port into the barrel but apparently that's not necessary
paddyfitz

I've done a bunch of the V4 ultimate Muggys on small blocks with the LTH reed.
Opening up the boost port in the cylinder is relatively easy & worth it (assuming you are handy with a rotary tool). Same with the piston. They sort of outline it for you on the V4.
Clearance work on the barrel for the manifold is par for the course & went as expected. I set all of these up with Dellortos ranging from 24-30mm. All of which employing an air bellows/snorkel/whatever you wanna call it & all of which running w/out holes in panels.
I've set up 1 with the Atomic mini item & 1 with their larger item. They do sit the carb a little farther out. On a series3, the snorkel may not fit. The series2 didn't have a problem.
I can't speak to the MB item just yet. My plan was to use that from the get-go, but availability has been an issue every time I go to order. The one that I have seen in action went the hole-in-the-panel route on a series3.
alanscottj

Cheers Fellas, am seriously contemplating getting the LTH - looks like it will do the job. Have had a chat with a fella in Sheff about getting the piston done. But, I am also considering having a go myself over the winter months. Have you any suggested sites to look at to learn a bit more about porting or any books/articles?
coaster

The MB reed manifold is shorter than the others and will fit under a slimstyle panel with a 30phbh and bellows. I had one on a 225 SR type barrel and ran that with a Breath Sweet and 28/30 PWK.
alanscottj

coaster wrote:The MB reed manifold is shorter than the others and will fit under a slimstyle panel with a 30phbh and bellows. I had one on a 225 SR type barrel and ran that with a Breath Sweet and 28/30 PWK.
I have a 30mm phbh and remote filter. I have just had a look on MB's site but can't find the small block version
alanscottj

Nice one Corrado! There's my bed time reading for tonight ;)
alanscottj

Thinking of ordering one of the Atomic Ultimate Reed Valve kit's from PSN Tuning - anyone got any thoughts on these before I order? cheers :D
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

I sell both sizes but I wouldn't use the larger one on my own engine as I don't think it's designed right, the flow from the reed doesn't go on a straight path into the cylinder like the smaller one. If I was going to use a larger one then I'd use the MB one as the flow is directed correctly. Plus with the larger one [as with the MB one too] you have to remove a fair bit of cylinder fin material, I hardly removed any with the smaller one. Smaller one works well on my 225 so see no reason why it wouldn't work equally well on a 186.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information