Reedvalve - any suggestions for a smallblock?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Andy W
Main scooter: GP 186 Imola

Managed to get out for about 5 miles yesterday before the weather upset things. Engine seems to go quite well, think the exhaust isn't helping but that will change soon. Runs fairly clean, no spit back or very little just some miles and plug chops to sort jetting and then set the power jet up.
alanscottj
Main scooter: Lambretta GP SS250 Casa

[quote="Andy W"]Managed to get out for about 5 miles yesterday before the weather upset things. Engine seems to go quite well, think the exhaust isn't helping but that will change soon. Runs fairly clean, no spit back or very little just some miles and plug chops to sort jetting and then set the power jet up.[/qu

Let me know how you get on, hopefully have mine fitted by next week and will be using powerjet too :-)
Lambretta Series 2 Rat - RB260, SuperTourer, Cyclone 5 gearbox 😎👍
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

I've just fitted one of the MBD shorty reed kits to my Rapido 225.
One of the first things I noticed was the difference in the sound of the of the inlet, it's a much sharper (and noisier I think) sound.
When I fitted my kit, as well as matching and flowing the manifold/inlet, I cut a boost port, modified the piston with a window and shaping the skirt on the inlet side and increased my transfer and exhaust timing (from 122/172 to 125/183).
Initial impressions were easier starting and smoother tickover, and it seems to go quite well.
I run a JL3 and I have always blamed this exhaust for the engine not wanting to rev much past 7000rpm, now it will rev to 8000rpm easily (and probably higher, although I haven't really pushed it as I haven't done any plug chops yet).
Andy W

Minority - have to agree mine makes a different sort of sound now its running. just thought it was me as my scooter hasn't been started for a while! goes quite well but not thrashed it yet so not sure if pipe will work as designed will be looking to test it with a Fran Road hopefully before the weekend and maybe a TSR Evo pipe then look to buy one at Wickstead!
Minority

Andy W wrote:Minority - have to agree mine makes a different sort of sound now its running. just thought it was me as my scooter hasn't been started for a while! goes quite well but not thrashed it yet so not sure if pipe will work as designed will be looking to test it with a Fran Road hopefully before the weekend and maybe a TSR Evo pipe then look to buy one at Wickstead!
I'd be really interested to see what you think if you get a chance to try the TSR Evo, now I've got a bit longer exhaust duration I was thinking of getting one, but don't want to loose too much at the bottom end compared with the JL3.
giankx

I've got an RT 240 with the shorty MB reedvalve kit, V-force3 reeds and TSR EVO pipe. I've lost any bottom end compared to the BGM clubman V2 i had. It has now more torque and power at the same revs.
Andy W

Well managed to do another 9 miles tonight, race pipe is ok but not suited to the engine spec so arranging to borrow a couple of others to try.

Giankx you say you have bottom end power since fitting TSR Evo?

Must say I am a bit confused as to what exhaust to fit. Engine will be used for touring and I don't really like the std looking pipes, so don't really want to pay expansion pipe money on a box pipe unless it really is worth it and going to to make it work well. If you know what I mean.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

giankx wrote:I've got an RT 240 with the shorty MB reedvalve kit, V-force3 reeds and TSR EVO pipe. I've lost any bottom end compared to the BGM clubman V2 i had. It has now more torque and power at the same revs.
Doesn't make sense. Should it say " I've NOT lost any bottom end"???
giankx

Sorry mates, no bottom end lost since fitting the TSR evo pipe! Great exhaust IMHO! I will only change the muffler for a slim one, the original is too fat and catches tha panel handle.
Minority

giankx wrote:Sorry mates, no bottom end lost since fitting the TSR evo pipe! Great exhaust IMHO! I will only change the muffler for a slim one, the original is too fat and catches tha panel handle.
Thanks for the info, think I'll give one a go ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information