49T indian Crown wheel with hardened center.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
ArKaTxU
Dealer
Main scooter: TV175 64-Jet200 68-Jet200 82

Hi.
Someone know if there is this option?
There is posibility to put Eibar hardened one into Indian one? Someone make this "conversion"?
Thanks!
Ian Hepworth

Try AF rayspeed. I know they had some very odd rear sprockets made. A friend of mine bought some for a possible sidecar outfit he was making. This was a good while ago though.
ArKaTxU
Dealer
Main scooter: TV175 64-Jet200 68-Jet200 82

Yes we have a indian 49T one in the race Lambretta but always the bush "eat" the crown wheel metal and we must do a new bigger bush to race, but I need to know if someone has change the center for a hardened one and works.
Thanks!
wack 63
Main scooter: '71 GP TS1

Unless the sprocket is made of cheese then your problem is with the bush. Try the better CNC'd versions but some of the sprockets are machined crap so you may be wasting your time. I've looked into fitting a hardened centre but it couldn't be done on the wheels I had. The other alternative is to enlarge the crownwheel centre just enough to fit a hardened sleeve and use a one piece needle bearing.
Rich_T
Dealer
Main scooter: Li Special

Or you could just machine a press fit oil-ite bush into the crown wheel. The bush would wear at the same rate as a loose bush, this is also a good way to recover damaged crown wheels too by putting all the wear into a sacrificial part.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information