Piston rings

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Ihateyoubutler

I need to buy some 57mm x 2.5mm piston rings for my standard Spanish series 2. 1964 winter still on original bore. Do I need to worry about quality, or are they much the same. Any recommendations as to where to buy from.
Thanks.
philz
Main scooter: Lambretta Li150

I bought a pair from a reputable dealer I have used before, when they arrived one was dull one was shiny. I don't know if this makes any difference, they were cheap at £6 and I ordered the wrong size so didn't use em. Bought a pair from Lambretta Re-store and quality looked a lot better at more than twice the price but confident they are good.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Quite a lot of the Mahle Indian pistons are supplied with one chrome and one or two plain rings, not uncommon.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

I've just paid £20 for a new set of rings from Ron Moss. I could get cheaper but if the rings break the damage would, or could, be 30+ more than the cost of the rings. Buying cheap rings that fail in a critical area will leave you kicking yourself.
goldeneye

the mahle rings that come with the indian piston kits are quite good quality, even if cast iron (top ring is chrome inlaid) ive just paid £40 quid for a set of two Malossi rings for me T5172...I nearly cried! :o
philz
Main scooter: Lambretta Li150

£6 posted if anyone needs 57.8 x 2.5 rings.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information