A bit boggy - cold weather???

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
PeteB
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 2 Li 150

Bufficus wrote:Your gadgets and add ons should be taking power from the lighting circuit not the HT.

Tell us more about your engine spec and set up.

And where was it dynoed?
Yep. Surely if there was insufficient energy to create a fat spark the symptom would be a misfire. Likewise for any electrical fault. Choke cable too tight? Muck on choke plunger rubber face?
Yanker

Test 1: Is your S.I.P.(WHATEVERT THAT STANDS FOR), speedometer humid?
alanscottj
Main scooter: Lambretta GP SS250 Casa

Bufficus wrote:Your gadgets and add ons should be taking power from the lighting circuit not the HT.

Tell us more about your engine spec and set up.

And where was it dynoed?
Gp150 engine with a Mugello 198 Ultimate kit, Delly 30mm, JL3 pipe, GP200 gearbox 18x47, dyno'd by Jerome @ Readspeed 16bhp and 13 lbs torque in 3rd.

Hits the power around 6,500 - 7,000 rpm, in 1 st, 2nd and 3rd it really hits the power but only if I keep the throttle from totally opening up, then when I get into 4th it is very difficult to get the power up and will lose more power if I open the throttle fully.
Lambretta Series 2 Rat - RB260, SuperTourer, Cyclone 5 gearbox 😎👍
Yanker

110% Faulty charger/speedo: check for wetness. If wetress detected then spray with WD40: If Lambretta Concessionaires had ever bothered to up-date their instruction book, then this would be common knowledge
. (theslackcunts)
Bufficus

A mate of mine complained that the SIP speedo I fitted was having an adverse on his lighting. ( The lights got lower the faster he went!) He got on the phone to a renowned dealer in Doncaster who sold him a BGM regulator and a battery he didn't need. When he brought them round for me to fit them the first thing I noticed was spade connector from original regulator to headset was not engaged and was floating about. SIP speedos work fine if wired correctly.
Bufficus

Main jet too big. Gearing too short for pipe.
Last edited by Bufficus on Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yanker

[quote="Bufficus"] the first thing I noticed was spade connector from original regulator to headset was not engaged and was floating about.[quote]

Totally Baffled Big Time! Are we in the 'Lambretta' forum here? Which Lambretta precisely came with a "spade connector from original regulator to headset"?
Bufficus

Yanker wrote:
Bufficus wrote: the first thing I noticed was spade connector from original regulator to headset was not engaged and was floating about.

Totally Baffled Big Time! Are we in the 'Lambretta' forum here? Which Lambretta precisely came with a "spade connector from original regulator to headset"?
Spade connector from regulator connected to brown wire? to headset.

Are you as pissed as I am?
Yanker

Bufficus wrote:My Jet Super Lynxss!
Yanker

That explains it
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information