Reedspeed variable CDI

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
eden
Dealer

I deleted it as ive said too much in this topic as it is!
Glad you read in though Donnie as my reply was directed at you :)
Monty
Main scooter: Series 1 Muggy, Imola Special

OK back to the Reedspeed one. Set at 16 degrees after finding his TDC was not..
Seems to do what it says on the tin. Not convinced about the logic behind 16 degrees to start then 24 till 2.5k revs then jump back to 16. Seems to have a lot of spit back at tick over but as the scoot is halfway through a rebuild it will have to wait fore a road test.
coaster

Monty wrote:....... Seems to have a lot of spit back at tick over but as the scoot is halfway through a rebuild it will have to wait fore a road test.
I don't think you have mentioned what kit this is fitted too but could easily be a symptom of overlapping port timings and or jetting. FWIW, my Augusto 6000 didn't have much effect on spitback either.
fishi

Monty wrote:OK back to the Reedspeed one. Set at 16 degrees after finding his TDC was not..
Seems to do what it says on the tin. Not convinced about the logic behind 16 degrees to start then 24 till 2.5k revs then jump back to 16. Seems to have a lot of spit back at tick over but as the scoot is halfway through a rebuild it will have to wait fore a road test.
try a HHP vCDI, it holds the 24 BTDC until 4000-4500rpm and then goes back to 14
Monty
Main scooter: Series 1 Muggy, Imola Special

Im Happy with my Augusto on one bike and the M Tech on the other. The latter has lots of adjustments available. Personally I would now not go for a Reedspeed but said mate bought it I just have to get his pride and joy running as it was before he stripped it for a remodel paint wise.
Who sells the HHP one
sorry just Googled it OK its a similar version by SIP bit pricy?
Last edited by Monty on Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fishi

SIP in Germany, as far I know
and they have to two typ of them, seems to by with different ignition curves and comes p&p with connectors

has anybody tried one ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information