alpha crank

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
mickjr

are these still kicking about and quite easy to get hold off and whats the going rate of a second hand one these days,what sizes did the come in, any pics
who was the manufacture,and who was the main dealers
carlos fandango

Made By Alpha bearings Dudley. Stocked by readspeed now, after the previous retailer did the dirty on them. Im not sure if they are still being made, or if readspeed are just selling off the old stock.
58mm - 60mm and a few 62mm afaik 110 rod.
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
mickjr

slow down there mr carlos,i know who your trying to slag off.hes a good friend
he didn't do the dirty they changed there buying conditions without warning,which was a 30 days to payment in full to get the parts without telling him.he tried
to buy smaller batches upfront and when sold by more,but they ignored his emails and calls,then he found out he sold them to readspeed with broadys name on them at a cheaper price than he was paying for 5 years,he was s**t on from great heights.
carlos fandango

Pmsl ...yeah he can tell a good yarn !
So you knew who the manufacturer was, who the retailer was and who the retailer is now.......so why are you asking on here ? Couldn't you mate remember ?
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
Rich_T
Dealer
Main scooter: Li Special

This is a matter of public record.

I don't know why you asked the question when you appear to know the people involved.

I'd have to ask the question, "what are wanting to achieve with this post?"
mickjr

because I didn't know,and ask,as mark can take ages answering(yes I emailed him) ,thats all,no mallace intended
and I knew he got shafted put the penny didn't drop till carlos put his 10p worth in,
MaDMAn

Alpha cranks were the most heavy and unbalanced cranks ever produced for Lambrettas why use one of those?
Arcadia

mickjr wrote:he was s**t on from great heights.
Did Alpha get paid in full when MBD liquidated? Or did MB leave an unpaid bill?
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

mickjr wrote:.......who was the manufacture,and who was the main dealers
Who was the manufacturer of the Alpha crank? Er......? The answer is in your question.

"Who was (were) the main dealers" MB Developments (Serious Outdoors) as you well know.

Odd post........ :?
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

one question left unanswered; how much second hand ;)
C’est la vie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information