bgm crankshaft

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
french connection
Main scooter: li1250 series 2

Any feedback on if its neccessary to weld pin before fitment ? cheers
tea5ive
Main scooter: cometa 140

why bgm ?
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Mine went together well, only done around 600 miles but no issues with it. Didn't deem it necessary to weld a new crank. Engine is onlly putting out about 19 bhp though.
french connection

in answer to why bgm, couldnt find any alternative, for a 60/110 ,allready had a mec twist and seize the scooter solid and didnt want to experiance that again, i had only done about 3000 miles and on a stage 4 gp 200, !

at the mo it has a mec 58 with cagiva 110 rod, but am catious of the mec

ideally would have like to have spent less .

glad to hear that yours is going well martin, hope it will give me the extra boost perofrmance allong with the supertourer, as you say also the rt doesnt feel like its make big power, quality and ride is superb, just fell it lacks a little poke, the bgm should be well on top of it
mickjr

you could allways buy af webs send them to mb to fit his yam conrod and mb pin
Rich_T
Dealer
Main scooter: Li Special

Careful which came first, twisted crank or seizure.

If the piston seizes it's more likely to result in the flywheel inertia twisting the crank (especially if you have a heavy Indian flywheel). Some cranks are more prone than others but I'd tend to lean towards flywheel inertia after a seizure being the main villain behind a twisted crank.
french connection

hi

there was no sign of seizure on the cylinder, top quality mbrt piston, mb head, stage 4 tune/build by max, really nicely put together, as you say though it had the heavy indian flywheel, weather also very cold, only done about 15k when it happened, dont think it was barrell seizure, it never fealt like seizing before or after and its been ridden in pretty hot weather over hear in sw france. swapped crank for a 58 107 as 60 werent in stock, never fealt it went as well with the 58 after that. do you think the 60 will make a noticable difference on the rt ?

cheers
vega125s
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

Hi
Have ridden over a couple of thousand with my BGM ,as with most of there parts a really well made piece of kit(looking forward to the cassette clutch due soon).Have you thought of a possible cold seizure ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information