Avanti TT3 Ci

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Bilko
Main scooter: LI150

Smashing Ron!
Bilko's Oily Blog

Directionally dysfunctional since 1966
Yanker

Many thanks for the detailed response!

Thaughts on Flowed/Bell crank web design as opposed to 'obstructive' full circle for case induction?

*Thinking maybe dedicated 64 stroker with 'induction happy' webs?

*Thinking maybe 72mm bore from standard upwards (given cc mods neccesary anyhow)

I was fooled with the NK 'v' Clubman exhaust cuertousy of the video.

Yes I am afraid that the 'challenge' is the one and only Caterham Hill : Caterham Super Seven doors to 'On The Hill' Church doors?

Your kit would not even notice the bump in tha A22 :-)

Andy
OAP
Dealer

Andy,

I will try Caterham Hill but not at 4am!
As to cranks / cc any thing can be done but at a cost! at the moment approx cost for:- TT3 Ci kit + Reed block, Reeds, manifold + all welding is going to be a minimum of £1650.00 - £1800.00. It has been a project, there will not be many sold with all the pattern costs on top I will be making ZERO overall.
I can sell the Cylinder Kit for £650.00 Plus I can do a DIY price for the reed block and leave who ever to weld it all together. One tip though make a jig to go into the main bearing/crankcase/mag housing + Engine mounts because otherwise it will distort like F........................... (not directed at you Andy)
Happy days
mark1
Main scooter: gp

WOW. I really want one of these :twisted:

What kind of performance figures are you getting?
Mr G in NYC
Main scooter: SX200

Very interesting evolution ........please keep us posted .
cheers G.
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

Nice Work RM :D
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
coaster

Love it Ron, Avanti cooling with reed induction, what's not to like. With the shortened inlet likely to allow under panel filtration? What exhaust have you been running?

PS I'm still waiting if the clubmans ever reach production ;)
Jxmiddle
Main scooter: GP250 69 targa twin

Had a chance to try this on Monday and its a totally different ride to your average tuned Lammie. No discernible power band, just a smooth delivery of power right through the range. Wants to go straight away and keeps delivering so the progressive nature makes it very rideable. Considering its a prototype it's well set up with a light responsive throttle action, relatively little vibration and, it goes without saying, very quick. It also sounded great with that pipe.

With of the amount of work involved its going to be pricey so it'll never be a mass seller but if you're something a bit special its well worth a look. Hats off to Ron for his innovation. #4 is all mine! :twisted:
OAP
Dealer

First Off I just want to thank Derek Howes (Jazzy), as the engine is in his machine & he has been putting the miles on it!
Thank you all for all the positive reaction no doubt the negs will follow :roll:
Will give you all a further update in a week or so, Just changing the gearbox to an Indian GP with 21 / 48 Sprockets = 4.57:1, waiting for a 84 link chain which will be in tomorrow, done a mod on the piston which should have been done in the first instance. Inlet manifold still needs to be made 40mm shorter. Was going to do a cut & shunt but it really needs to be reworked, that will take a week or two so I am going to wait until I get that to get the dyno figs.

In the mean time:
Yanker: Andy just been to Caterham (in the car) I can now see why you said 4am, so what do you expect. It will be difficult to get a clear run without traffic. I would expect with no obstructions, standing start opposite the Station to accelerate up in 3rd gear. If I can screw it around the first bend in second flat out I might be able to get into 4th!!! pigs might fly Will give it a go soon. RM
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information