GP disk links

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

I agree that most dealers would not sell such an item once there had been a couple of failures, however, such a risky failure should be highlighted once it has shown itself. I have no doubt that any decent dealer would pull stock that they know could put their customers at such risk, just as Corrado has done.

Unfortunately, this is an issue that dealers would be unaware of until failures happen.

Adam
corrado
Dealer

I'm only aware of MB, Tino and Frank Sanderson re-making quality links. Ask the seller the origin if you're concerned.
Lots of dealers still selling Schwalbe tyres [including VE] and stainless tubeless rims, just have a walk round Wicksteed or spend 5 minutes on Ebay. At least you can inspect the goods at Wicksteed and make a reasonably educated guess on the quality.
Norrie Bodge
Main scooter: GP-1971-Ts230/S2-1960-Ts230

corrado
Dealer

Norrie Bodge wrote:
wack 63 wrote: im also gonna go for the scoot-RS anti dive disc brake kit.
do Scoot-RS do these for disc links or just drum type? or both?

cheers for replies
Anti dive set up locks the caliper plate to the forks and not the links so it doesn't matter which links you use. There's only one version unlike the none anti dive which is specific to either drum or disc links.

I think the drum links look neater .... http://www.lambrettaspares.com/spares/f ... 763pr.html
LI150
Main scooter: Series 2 LI150

If I was in market to buy links. Mb for me. Yes there not cheap but you get what you pay for. Quality
corrado
Dealer

Depending on where you set the anti dive clamp on bracket it may be ok not to use dampers, in which case you wouldn't need to change the links you already have.
Norrie Bodge

corrado wrote:Depending on where you set the anti dive clamp on bracket it may be ok not to use dampers, in which case you wouldn't need to change the links you already have.
i only have 2 pairs of GP150 Links m8, thats why im after type for dampers so to increase better handling
corrado
Dealer

Are your links Indian or Italian? You can weld lugs onto Italian ones but not the Indian ones, the weld usually breaks off the Indian ones.
Norrie Bodge

Both sets are Italian
Where sells the link studs to weld on m8?
shocky

Norrie Bodge wrote:Both sets are Italian
Where sells the link studs to weld on m8?
I do the conversion I weld lug to your links on I jig I have based on a set of disc links there £12 a pair to forum members you will need togetthem replated or painted after
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information