coil help please !

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
scootcoot

Hey .. my mates lammy has a lml type ignition coil the type with one spade connector which a green wire from the loom connects to ? the coil itself is blue ! how would you change this to the px ducati type coil ? as there seems to be more connections needed for to do this ? :?
am a doogal r u a doogal too....!
coaster

scootcoot wrote:Hey .. my mates lammy has a lml type ignition coil the type with one spade connector which a green wire from the loom connects to ? the coil itself is blue ! how would you change this to the px ducati type coil ? as there seems to be more connections needed for to do this ? :?
Has his scoot got points ignition?
scootcoot

no..electronic ignition
am a doogal r u a doogal too....!
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Should be a straight swap for the PX type, those are usually marked green , green, white, red (verde, verde, bianco, rosso if Italian )

Those should match a green white and red from your stator and the green from the loom.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Grumpy225
Main scooter: Gori200, rt195, ld150,rb20

Sounds like a 2 piece CDI set up.

Trace the wires from the stator and see where they go. I'm betting a couple of them go to a little grey box and one goes to the coil.
johnd
Main scooter: 1970 Dl125

If its an LML CDI and separate coil i would leave it alone as long as its working ok, they are a pretty reliable set up.
Rule Number one!! If it ain't broke don't fix it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information