rb25 & Spanish li150 engine case

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
carlos fandango

Got the offer of a spanish li150 (neutral light type) am i right in thinking that these are the same as a 200cc case, but with the stud hole spacing and spigot mouth of a 150?
Thinking of using it for a rb25 as a 200cc case mouth needs increasing in diameter anyway, ang welding up the stud holes and re drilling and tapping in 200cc position ;) or cant it be done :?
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
Supereibar

Hi mate, that is correct me thinks. However, is it stamped "SP" on the casing? Those are quite rare, I think they where all electronic. I let one go for 50€ not many years ago, and I've blamed myself for years.... Good engine.
davidblythe

Indian gp150 cases, The ones i have seen are 200 cases with different stud holes

might be worth a look out for
Stokie

My (late) Spanish 125 motor is as you describe - ie perfect for 200cc conversion or big transfers.
If you're looking to go ahead and convert the 150 you would be well advised to contact Harry Barlow in Leicester (Pro Porting) as he's been collecting Spanish 125/150 casings to get a batch converted.
Tooty67

Supereibar wrote:Hi mate, that is correct me thinks. However, is it stamped "SP" on the casing? Those are quite rare, I think they where all electronic. I let one go for 50€ not many years ago, and I've blamed myself for years.... Good engine.
where exactly would it be stamped? same place as engine number?

I ask as i too have a neutral light type spanish 150 engine sitting in the cupboard that i am planning to tweak
It wasnt me, a big boy did it and ran away
Supereibar

You will find it right on the engine number 150SP * _ _ _ _ _ _ Can't really miss it. Right in front of the gear selector arm.
carlos fandango

Thanks Eden but ive already done it (Its an old posting) im just getting the barrel sorted now.
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
caspa2006

hiya lads so you can any Spanish Li 150 casing converted for an rb 250
sound good and are these are better than 200 sil casing...
Vespa made in Italy thrashed in Great Britain
carlos fandango

Yes that looks like one ;) But add in to the cost welding, skimming of the deck, machining of the spigot hole and drilling and tapping of the new studs :shock:

It is the later ones, I think with the neutral light ? has your one got that Eden?
carlos fandango

Have a look at this Caspa2006 [url]http://scooterotica.org/forum/viewtopic ... t=4260/url]
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information