SIP Speedo

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
roadrunnerian

i swapped my indian speedo cable for an italain fitted a resistor type plug then fitted speedo simples hardest bit was finding somewhere for it to fit in the headstock ;)
Mike - - Bristol
Main scooter: Silver Special 195

After reading the instructions a few times and lining up the leads fitted mine with very little faffing.
I don't get on with the cable connectors so added the 2 wires to the live with a new bullet connector , that was the only issue.
Managed to feed the sensor cable to the headset without taking the horn casting off, the power box fitted by the side of the headlight and everything went together quite easily.
Setting up took a while , mainly due to the fact I couldn't get into the adjusting set up.
After going round in circles I finally found what I was supposed to be doing and it all seems to work. The only thing I didn't connect up was the heat sensor , maybe later.

One question.
The setting for the rev counter gives 6 options, I have a non battery electric conversion so I thought I would need one pulse. Reading the instructions it seems more likely that I need 3 ..... manual says : Solid state ignition (Ducati) .

Make that 2 questions.
Didn't notice where to set the number of pulses for the speed sensor. I've set it to EXT and them it seemed to go to the next setting.
I'll look again later , but it seems to work when I spin the wheel. Road test tomorrow.
Mike - - Bristol

One more thing , it says ;

if you select 'B' mode , please consult operation step on instruction sheet......... What sheet ????
AndyS

Mike, as Minority kindly pointed out if you have a speed sensor, you need to count the amount of pulses, per revolution, when the blue led goes on. Set that in the same section as the wheel diameter, it has a setting of 05p, just change that to the amount of pulses.
Must thanks Minority for his Greta advice, it worked for me
Mike - - Bristol

Thanks Andy , went back and re-read Minority's post. I see where I was going wrong now.
Cheers.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information