Cylinder Heads

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
barnsleybilly
Main scooter: Li200

Contemplating which head to get for my Rapido 200.

Does anyone with a temperature sensor have any data on head temperatures and comparison between say...AF head, BGM head & Ron Moss head?
sydduckett

barnsleybilly wrote:Contemplating which head to get for my Rapido 200.

Does anyone with a temperature sensor have any data on head temperatures and comparison between say...AF head, BGM head & Ron Moss head?
If your main reason is for cooling then the moss wins hands down. Aprox 30% cooler than standard size? I think MB do an MZ copy that is also oversize.?
mcbrid

What syd said ref Ron Moss head......don't forget to get three long head nuts for the special cowl, which you may need to fettle to make it fit(easy Dremel job)
sydduckett

mcbrid wrote:What syd said ref Ron Moss head......don't forget to get three long head nuts for the special cowl, which you may need to fettle to make it fit(easy Dremel job)
I had the same problem with the cowl as well, like you I found a dremmel came in handy. to be honest it was one of the more enjoyable fettling jobs Iv done on a Lambretta. Did you have issues getting it to fit snug with flywheel cowling? reason being I used a fibreglass one from a place in Essex which whilst looking trick didn't marry up as well as I'd like. I then shredded in on the flywheel on the way to JB after one of the bolts let go. Problem was whilst they are easy to sand, there is little in the way of flex.

Was thinking of going for the carbon one that PM do but I may have the same issue?
barnsleybilly

My thinking too, thanks for that.

I did contact MB to see if they'd any data on their heads but was told it 'has more fins' which is hardly scientific.

I only count two additional fins on the BGM head and its no bigger than standard so any additional cooling would be negligible and not worth boasting it improves cooling in any way.

I've got some MRB cylinder studs so hopefully they're long enough.

Do the rear footboards need trimming in any way?
sydduckett

barnsleybilly wrote:My thinking too, thanks for that.

I did contact MB to see if they'd any data on their heads but was told it 'has more fins' which is hardly scientific.

I only count two additional fins on the BGM head and its no bigger than standard so any additional cooling would be negligible and not worth boasting it improves cooling in any way.

I've got some MRB cylinder studs so hopefully they're long enough.

Do the rear footboards need trimming in any way?
I don't have rear runners but I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be any issues, there's loads of room above
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

What about a GT porcupine head?
barnsleybilly

storkfoot wrote:What about a GT porcupine head?
I'll have a look at those too
OAP
Dealer

"Do the rear footboards need trimming in any way?[/quote]

No only on series 2,

On a Rapido the cowl should not need trimming. It should only be on TS1 & RB's that need altering for the reed inlet . RM
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

sydduckett wrote:
mcbrid wrote:
Was thinking of going for the carbon one that PM do but I may have the same issue?
Flywheel cowl??? Check with them first if they're for Italian or Indian flywheels. I got one but it's useless as it's for a wide fin Indian one. I'll send it back one day as not fit for purpose. :roll:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information