Binning the jettex !

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
flipster

Hi All,
I'm thinking of changing my troublesome jettex carb on my 175 iron barrelled Special fitted with a 42 clubman to a nice new shiny 25mm PHBH Delly as I want to run through my air box and keep standard looks.
Been advised on ballpark jetting as follows,
48 pilot
98 main
AQ266 atom
D29 needle (2nd clip from top)
40 slide
Mix screw 2 out

Have looked on here but cant find any info so could any of you carb gurus give an opinion to a complete novice/numpty before I part with any hard earned. ;)
Cheers.
P.N.D.S.C.
Tractorman
Main scooter: Lambretta li150 special

I thought it's the 25mm PHBHL that uses or can use the standard airbox.
YAMLAM

i think your correct tractor man 25mm PHBL, PHBH comes in 26,28,30mm size.

dont think those jettings are too far off the mark, perhaps start a main of 105 and come down.
win or lose have a booze
flipster

Tractorman wrote:I thought it's the 25mm PHBHL that uses or can use the standard airbox.
As you were !
Sorry meant PHBL,told you I was a a numpty ! :oops:
Cheers.
P.N.D.S.C.
Tractorman

[quote="Tractorman"]I thought it's the 25mm PHBHL :oops: that uses or can use the standard airbox.[/quote

no bodies perfect]
Lamaddict

I'm using an AF Indian Barrel and using an original 20mm Dellorto with a big bore exhaust. It's a great little set up .
Cec

Make sure you get a quality manifold otherwise the rubber will be popping off every 5 minutes. I had an AF one and got that pissed off with it coming off I putt the Jettex back on. The trade off with the extra grunt of the 26 mil is far out weighed by the peace of mind and savings on fuel.
Call me a tight Yorkshire git but when I pay £175 for a set up I don't want to be told to bin the AF manifold for a Broady one or ditch the rubber and use silicon hose :?
However I was grateful for the advice at the time
JETEX

What was wrong with the Jetex ?. I run one on my Indian GP 200 engine. 125 main, and 49 ( I think ) pilot. It's took me around Europe o/k. Runs a little rich, but I'm prepared to put up with that as the extra fuel helps keep the piston cool.
Cec

JETEX wrote:What was wrong with the Jetex ?. I run one on my Indian GP 200 engine. 125 main, and 49 ( I think ) pilot. It's took me around Europe o/k. Runs a little rich, but I'm prepared to put up with that as the extra fuel helps keep the piston cool.
I'm glad I put my Jetex back on. I've only ever had a couple of issues with the slide sticking on them but a bit of smoothing the slide a bit cured it. Ridden scooters with 22 mil Delorto's on and I can't tell the difference
Tractorman

Now I got the Casa 186 run in and the Jetex set up OK I'm having no problems.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information