Broquet fuel catalyst - anyone used em

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
druist

I have never heard of these before and came across them on MB Devs page, i notice they are advertised in quite a few places. Wondering if anyone has used em, if so do they make any difference? I mean considering we now have probably the best fuel about nowadays and synthetic oils would these really do anything?

http://www.lambrettaspares.com/sparepar ... u0237.html#

notice there are others and these make some rather bold claims for 2-strokes

http://www.fitchcatalyst.com.au/
dapper
Main scooter: The Biriani Bullet

Interesting stuff. Improved fuel consumption and reduced particulates, better fuel burning etc. must all be worthwhile. I see some testing for say David Blythe with his EGT ;)
Compact Toolbox Flywheel Holder
davidblythe

used the broquets when unleaded fuel first became compulsory to be used and cars used to stink with all the sulphur in fuel

my P2 would run like a pig on every 4 or 5 tankful of fuel,

used some fuel conditioner that came with the lawnmower that solved the problem

when i had ran out of this, started to use broquets instead as the problem reappeared

stopped using them as couldnt be bothered to flush them out of my motorcycle and car tanks and dont use the P2 anymore

think i will try them again as i can now measure any change

for the money they are worth a punt, probably snake oil
druist

i must admit i am always sceptical of these types of things, especially with graphs that show a huge difference but actually arent that different. Testimonials is another give away. But l thought the same about ultraseal and slime for punctures and that does seem to work, so I thought i would check with what people's views were before I got any :D

http://www.fitchcatalyst.com.au/power_sports.php
coaster

I don't know if the Flich system is the same but the one from MB sounds like the device that was being promoted back in the 70s/80s, I remember mention back then that the technology eminated from WW2. I think the pellets are supposed to release tin and Practical Classics magazine tried it along with a few other lead replacement products and found it had no effect whatsoever :?

That was in a 4 stroke of course and they were measuring valve seat recession.
lifes a drag

they were used in WW2 spitfires and bommers . i think somthing to do with quality of the fuel , maybee raise the octain or somthing
tavspeed

once worked with an old guy,who was a fighter pilot in ww2,he was telling me a story that, we gave the polish airforce some spitfires or hurricanes,but the quality of their fuel was that bad the rolls royce engines were really down on power,and he referred to these broquets or tablets that boosted the octane,so if the fuel is really poor these might be the answer,but with modern fuel being pretty consistent wouldnt think there is much call for them nowadays.
lifes a drag

now i think about it i had a lancia delta HF turbo and the garage that did all my work on it used them for older cars . i had them put one in my petrol tank . there meant to up the octain im sure but i could never tell if it made any difference to the lancia as if was quick enough as it was :lol:
druist

i thought our modern fuel was supposed to be pretty good. Talking to the mechanic who done my MOT saturday he said he had noticed a marked difference between engines that used RON95 and those that used RON99, the latter being much cleaner. (probaly cuz the person who uses the 99 doesnt take their vehicle out that often on account of the running cost :D ). He was saying he feels quite safe smoking a fag near RON95, i must say i remember petrol seamed to evapourate a lot quicker - perhaps thats just subjective though.

Well, i have decided to try the cheaper version fuelcat, i ordered friday and it arrived today - money back if it doesnt do what it says on the side of the box or net as it were. Ahem, how i am going to prove that is going to be interesting. Ok going to photograph my odometer now, with a video of me putting a gallon of petrol with me premix, :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information