RT 225 or an Avanti?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
mark1
Main scooter: gp

I've read through the Avanti thread on here and have been very impressed with the comments and reviews people have given it.
I'm building a 200 motor and was going to fit an Avanti kit to it............however I've just fitted an RT 195 kit to my mates scooter and have been very impressed by the quality of it and the performance so far (it's still not run in yet)

Has any one got like for like comparrisons of both kits? I'm intending to use a 30mm dellorto and a JL3 / franspeed pipe on it.

Thanks.
SpanishSX200

I have both, both good kits! So take your pick! Basically will double your BHP, cost a bit omore in fuel, and give you a bit of a grin!

Simon
jonny wadd
Xbox live gamer tag: swingin meeet
Main scooter: lambretta gp200 electronic

Super monza
milf hunter
eden
Dealer

GT200 no doubt in my mind after just covering over 2000 trouble free fun miles on one in 12 days.
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

It's the Avanti for me.......but to be fair i've never had anything to do with the RT.

From reports the performance seems similar on both the RT and the Avanti, but for me the larger cylinder and head on the Avanti is a big plus.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

Can only comment on the RT225, it's a great kit and simple to fit. Plus potential for more performance with a bit of work... 8-)
Lambretta Sash
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta TV 230

I've built and ridden both kits with good results along with rb225 which is as good out of box as gt big block kit which I've just built, they all serve a different purpose ie avanti sprinting, GT kit for rallying once rt kit went pop as avanti is too thirsty ... Id think what i want from scooter and build engine to suit :)
jonashford
Main scooter: Lambretta SX RB235

Rb all day long
gp200ts1
Main scooter: lambretta series 2

nice comments but where did the op ask about the rb kits. I run an Avanti in my series 2 and I cant fault it for a touring motor. much more fun than my ts1
jonashford
Main scooter: Lambretta SX RB235

gp200ts1 wrote:nice comments but where did the op ask about the rb kits. I run an Avanti in my series 2 and I cant fault it for a touring motor. much more fun than my ts1
he didnt the poster above my reply did, shoot me if u like lol
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information