Right I'm titsed off now

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Cool, good to have a nice easy fix :)
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

Don't just buy the cheapest ___£10 :shock: .

I'd suggest a Ducati Electronica (made by MEC/EUR). They have never let me down. I'm running a bgm at the moment on one of my scoots and I have also run ones from AF before without any issues. As to the generic Indian cheap ones, well, it's a gamble.
shocky

vRSG60 wrote:And the correct answer is

CDI unit. Swapped the one off my Li and it stated 1st kick like a good in. Earth wire looked in a bit if a state.

Only £10 aren't they I'll get one ordered tomorrow.
I had a pile of those in my shed all dead mostly from other peoples scoots :D
get the ducati on and build reliability in to your scoot
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
vRSG60
Main scooter: Lambretta Li125 Lambretta GP20

I've a Ducati CDI on order I swapped with my Li CDI and all was well, until now, b@5t@rd struggling to start again today,
Checking the stator green wire I get around 310, not the 400 - 450 figure usually quoted (although just watched a video showing a figure of 290 ±20% ???). I'm loathe to have to bugger about taking the stator off but maybe this is the problem.
I get my kicks out on the floor.
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

get a decent CDI, I had exactly the same on my 1st ever rally on a lambretta, broke down and had to be recovered from basingstoke en route to Margate.
Rang a mate to see if he was nearby and he said 'what? you haven't got a spare coil?! -they always break down!' :-)

Ironic that it was the only 'familiar part' of the bike from my Vespa days!
Since carrying a spare (with lead and cap) I've not had so much as a misfire.
sods law!

sorry -just saw your last post -I guess it's got to be the pickup?
vRSG60
Main scooter: Lambretta Li125 Lambretta GP20

Adam_Winstone wrote:^... yep, Indian LT coil breaking down would be my first point of call for any electrical issue. It could just as likely be pickup, poor stator build + vibration issue, CDI failure, ignition switch failuer, etc.... although LT coil is normally a good bet.

vRSG60 let us know how you get on and good luck getting this resolved asap.

Adam
Is it possible to replace an LT coil without too much buggering about?
I'm not confident re-timing a new stator plate.

Edit - http://scooterotica.org/forum/viewtopic ... 22&p=15860 deals with LT coil replcement.
I get my kicks out on the floor.
coaster

vRSG60 wrote:....Is it possible to replace an LT coil without too much buggering about?
It's fairly straight forward if you are reasonably practical and can use a soldering iron. Use dollops of Araldite to cement any wires that might vibrate and brake and also use it to secure the pickup retaining screw.

Re the cheap Indian CDI's, I do agree that a Ducati is the best option but I would still advise buying an Indian one as a spare to use as a get you home backup and also to use a substitute to eliminate suspected CDI faults in the future. Up until recently, most of my riding has been using Indian CDI's and the only failures I've had was due to a problem with the loom which destroyed 2 Indian and 2 Ducatti's :roll:
coaster

vRSG60 wrote:....Is it possible to replace an LT coil without too much buggering about?
It's fairly straight forward if you are reasonably practical and can use a soldering iron. Use dollops of Araldite to cement any wires that might vibrate and brake and also use it to secure the pickup retaining screw.

Re the cheap Indian CDI's, I do agree that a Ducati is the best option but I would still advise buying an Indian one as a spare to use as a get you home backup and also to use a substitute to eliminate suspected CDI faults in the future. Up until recently, most of my riding has been using Indian CDI's and the only failures I've had was due to a problem with the loom which destroyed 2 Indian and 2 Ducatti's :roll:
garethwyn66
Main scooter: Vespa PX 125

Had same problem always flooding. Float sticking. Put new float and pin sorted the problem out for me.
soullad
Dealer

sorry double post - mods remove please?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information